M K Kapral
Affiliation: Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences
- Gender differences in carotid imaging and revascularization following strokeM K Kapral
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neurology 73:1969-74. 2009..Carotid endarterectomy is performed less often in women than in men, but it is unknown whether this reflects differences in screening rates, disease prevalence, or other factors...
- Risk factors for posterior compared to anterior ischemic stroke: an observational study of the Registry of the Canadian Stroke NetworkG Subramanian
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Neuroepidemiology 33:12-6. 2009..We sought to determine the association between traditional vascular risk factors and the location of ischemic stroke (posterior versus anterior)...
- Care and outcomes in patients with ischemic stroke with and without preexisting dementiaG Saposnik
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto M5C 1R6, Canada
Neurology 77:1664-73. 2011..To describe clinical characteristics and evaluate processes of care and outcomes at discharge in patients with ischemic stroke with and without preexisting dementia...
- A 5-item prediction rule to identify severe renal dysfunction in patients with acute strokeM D I Vergouwen
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 33:1449-54. 2012..We aimed to develop a tool to identify patients with acute stroke at a high risk of CIN in the absence of a recent GFR...
- Gastrointestinal bleeding after acute ischemic strokeM J O'Donnell
Henderson Research Centre, 70 Wing, Room 220, 711 Concession Street, Hamilton, Ontario, L8V 1C3, Canada
Neurology 71:650-5. 2008..We sought to describe the incidence, risk factors, and association with clinical outcomes of gastrointestinal bleeding following acute ischemic stroke...