- Hudon C, Soubhi H, Fortin M. Relationship between multimorbidity and physical activity: secondary analysis from the Quebec health survey. BMC Public Health. 2008;8:304 pubmed publisher..Longitudinal studies using a comorbidity or multimorbidity index to account for severity of the chronic diseases are needed to replicate the results of this exploratory study. ..
- Hudon C, Fortin M, Rossignol F, Bernier S, Poitras M. The Patient Enablement Instrument-French version in a family practice setting: a reliability study. BMC Fam Pract. 2011;12:71 pubmed publisher..Test-retest reliability should be examined in further studies at a less than 2-week interval to reduce maturation bias. This instrument can be used to measure enablement after consultation in a French-speaking family practice setting. ..
- Hudon C, Fortin M, Poitras M, Almirall J. The relationship between literacy and multimorbidity in a primary care setting. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13:33 pubmed publisher..01) but not in multivariate analyses, including age and family income. This study suggests that there is no relationship between literacy and multimorbidity when controlling for age and family income. ..
- Hudon C, St Cyr Tribble D, Bravo G, Hogg W, Lambert M, Poitras M. Family physician enabling attitudes: a qualitative study of patient perceptions. BMC Fam Pract. 2013;14:8 pubmed publisher..From the patient's perspective, their partnership with their family physician is the most important aspect of enablement. ..
- Hudon C, Chouinard M, Diadiou F, Lambert M, Bouliane D. Case Management in Primary Care for Frequent Users of Health Care Services With Chronic Diseases: A Qualitative Study of Patient and Family Experience. Ann Fam Med. 2015;13:523-8 pubmed publisher..They reported improved access, communication, coordination, and involvement in decision-making as well as better health care transitions. ..
- Hudon C, Loignon C, Grabovschi C, Bush P, Lambert M, Goulet E, et al. Medical education for equity in health: a participatory action research involving persons living in poverty and healthcare professionals. BMC Med Educ. 2016;16:106 pubmed publisher....
- Fortin M, Hudon C, Haggerty J, Akker M, Almirall J. Prevalence estimates of multimorbidity: a comparative study of two sources. BMC Health Serv Res. 2010;10:111 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of multimorbidity was substantially lower when estimated in a general population than in a family practice-based sample and was higher when the number of conditions considered increased. ..
- Hudon C, St Cyr Tribble D, Legare F, Bravo G, Fortin M, Almirall J. Assessing enablement in clinical practice: a systematic review of available instruments. J Eval Clin Pract. 2010;16:1301-8 pubmed publisher..Two instruments assess enablement in hospital setting. No instrument is currently available to assess enablement in an ambulatory care context. ..
- Hudon C, Fortin M, Haggerty J, Lambert M, Poitras M. Measuring patients' perceptions of patient-centered care: a systematic review of tools for family medicine. Ann Fam Med. 2011;9:155-64 pubmed publisher..Relevant items from the 11 other instruments provide partial coverage of the concept, but these instruments were not designed to provide a specific assessment of patient-centered care. ..
- Hudon C, Chouinard M, Diadiou F, Bouliane D, Lambert M, Hudon Ã. The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program: the experience of frequent users of health care services and peer leaders. Fam Pract. 2016;33:167-71 pubmed publisher..The CDSMP could therefore be considered as a self-management support option for this vulnerable clientele, while taking measures to avoid too much heterogeneity among participants to improve completion rates. ..
- Hudon C, Courteau J, Krieg C, Vanasse A. Factors associated with chronic frequent emergency department utilization in a population with diabetes living in metropolitan areas: a population-based retrospective cohort study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017;17:525 pubmed publisher..Interventions must target the population at higher risk of becoming chronic frequent ED users and should be designed to manage the complex interaction between high illness burden and mental health. ..