- Implementing a knowledge application program for anxiety and depression in community-based primary mental health care: a multiple case study research protocolPasquale Roberge
Département de médecine de famille et de médecine d urgence, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, 3001, 12e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Implement Sci 8:26. 2013....
- Depression self-management support: a systematic reviewJanie Houle
Department of Psychology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 91:271-9. 2013..To systematically review empirical evidence regarding the efficacy of depression self-management support (SMS) interventions for improving depression symptomatology and preventing relapse...
- Treatment preferences in patients with first episode depressionJanie Houle
Department of Psychology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, PO Box 8888, Centre ville Branch, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Affect Disord 147:94-100. 2013..This study examines associations between patients' treatment preferences, their characteristics and illness representations of depression...
- Patients' experience of chronic illness care in a network of teaching settingsJanie Houle
Department of Psychology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, PO Box 8888, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, QC H3C 3P8
Can Fam Physician 58:1366-73. 2012..To evaluate chronic illness care delivery from the patient's perspective and to examine its main correlates...
- Inequities in medical follow-up for depression: a population-based study in MontrealJanie Houle
Department of Psychology, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Case Postale 8888, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3P8, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 61:258-63. 2010..The aim of this study was to measure the quality of medical follow-up of depression in a universal-access health care system and identify its main correlates...
- Comparison of the effects of four suicide prevention programs for family and friends of high-risk suicidal men who do not seek help themselvesBrian L Mishara
Centre for Research and Intervention on Suicide and Euthanasia, Montreal, Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:329-42. 2005..Family and friends had less psychological distress, used more positive coping mechanisms, and reported their communication with the suicidal man was more helpful. The Telephone Support was considered the most useful program...
- Control-group study of an intervention training program for youth suicide preventionFrançois Chagnon
Centre for Research and Intervention on Suicide and Euthanasia CRISE at the Université du Québec à Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 37:135-44. 2007..Their gains were maintained at 6-month follow-up. In this sample, implementation of a one-time training program improved helpers' competencies in youth suicide intervention...
- An empirical test of a mediation model of the impact of the traditional male gender role on suicidal behavior in menJanie Houle
Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Centre for Research and Intervention on Suicide and Euthanasia, Universite du Quebec a Montreal, Canada
J Affect Disord 107:37-43. 2008..The adverse impact of the traditional male gender role as well as men's reluctance to seek help are possible explanations of this gender gap, but these hypotheses have not been well documented empirically...