Affiliation: Health Canada
- A randomized double-blind crossover study of indoor air filtration and acute changes in cardiorespiratory health in a First Nations communityS Weichenthal
Health Canada, Health Canada Air Health Effects Science Division, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Indoor Air 23:175-84. 2013..Consistent inverse associations were also observed between indoor PM2.5 and lung function. In general, our findings suggest that reducing indoor PM2.5 may contribute to improved lung function in First Nations communities...
- PM2.5, oxidant defence and cardiorespiratory health: a reviewScott A Weichenthal
Health Canada, Air Health Effects Science Division, Ottawa, Canada
Environ Health 12:40. 2013..Therefore, further evaluation is required to determine how this metric may be incorporated in ambient air quality management...
- Personal exposure to specific volatile organic compounds and acute changes in lung function and heart rate variability among urban cyclistsScott Weichenthal
Health Canada, Air Health Sciences Division, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Environ Res 118:118-23. 2012..Few studies have examined the acute cardiorespiratory effects of specific volatile organic compound (VOC) exposures from traffic pollution...
- Selected physiological effects of ultrafine particles in acute cardiovascular morbidityScott Weichenthal
Health Canada, Air Health Effects Science Division, 269 Laurier Avenue West, 3rd Floor, AL 4903C, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0K9
Environ Res 115:26-36. 2012..In addition, effort should be made to include more women in studies of the acute cardiovascular effects of UFPs as findings to date generally reflect responses in men...
- A review of pesticide exposure and cancer incidence in the agricultural health study cohortScott Weichenthal
Cien Saude Colet 17:255-70. 2012..Continued follow-up is needed to clarify associations reported to date. In particular, further evaluation of registered pesticides is warranted...
- A review of pesticide exposure and cancer incidence in the Agricultural Health Study cohortScott Weichenthal
Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 118:1117-25. 2010..We reviewed epidemiologic evidence related to occupational pesticide exposures and cancer incidence in the Agricultural Health Study (AHS) cohort...
- Traffic-related air pollution and acute changes in heart rate variability and respiratory function in urban cyclistsScott Weichenthal
Air Health Sciences Division, Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 119:1373-8. 2011..Few studies have examined the acute health effects of air pollution exposures experienced while cycling in traffic...
- Statistical power in the analyses of brain weight measures in pesticide neurotoxicity testing and the relationship between brain and body weightScott Weichenthal
Health Canada, 269 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 57:235-40. 2010..Our findings suggest that caution is required when weighing the importance of statistical "significance" in studies of pesticide exposure effects on brain weight as the power to detect these differences may be low...