- Survey of Canadian animal-based researchers' views on the Three Rs: replacement, reduction and refinementNicole Fenwick
Canadian Council on Animal Care, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e22478. 2011..Encouragement and financial support for Three Rs initiatives may result in valuable contributions to Three Rs knowledge and improve welfare for animals used in science...
- The ICLAS/CCAC International Symposium on Regulatory Testing and Animal WelfareGilly Griffin
Canadian Council on Animal Care CCAC, Ottawa, Canada
Altern Lab Anim 32:707-12. 2004..Both organisations are committed to fostering an environment in which global efforts to harmonise testing procedures using animals in a more-humane manner can be realised...
- Incorporation of the principles of the Three Rs in wildlife researchGilly Griffin
Canadian Council on Animal Care, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Altern Lab Anim 32:215-9. 2004..In addition, the guidelines outline a process for reporting outcomes of research to assist in improving welfare outcomes for study animals...
- Establishing a Three Rs programme at the Canadian Council on Animal CareGilly Griffin
Canadian Council on Animal Care, 1510 130 Albert Street, Ottawa, ON K1P 5G4, Canada
Altern Lab Anim 37:63-7. 2009..This programme will build on the work of FRAME and other similar Three Rs organisations, to further the promotion and implementation of the Three Rs in Canadian science...
- Genetic engineering and other factors that might affect human-animal interactions in the research settingJulie Comber
Canadian Council on Animal Care, Ottawa, Canada
J Appl Anim Welf Sci 10:267-77. 2007..Attention to human-animal interactions in the research setting represents an opportunity for refinement for large numbers of animals and potentially for reduction of animal use...
- Challenges and opportunities for the implementation of the Three Rs in Canadian vaccine quality controlMara E Long
Canadian Council on Animal Care, 1510 130 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 5G4
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 63:418-25. 2012..Improving the harmonization of regulatory requirements will assist in furthering the implementation of alternative methods...
- Safety testing of chemicals with a high likelihood of humans being exposed to them is a reasonable public health policyGilly Griffin
Canadian Council on Animal Care, Ottawa, Ontario
Can Vet J 47:310, 312. 2006
- Adopting alternatives for the regulatory monitoring of shellfish for paralytic shellfish poisoning in Canada: Interface between federal regulators, science and ethicsAllison L Guy
Canadian Council on Animal Care, 1510 130 Albert Street, Ottawa, Ont, Canada
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 54:256-63. 2009....