- Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak linked to raw milk cheese in Quebec, Canada: use of exact probability calculation and casecase study approaches to foodborne outbreak investigationColette Gaulin
Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, 1075 chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, Province de Quebec, Canada G1S 2M1
J Food Prot 75:812-8. 2012..This approach could offer a fast and inexpensive alternative to regular case-control studies to target public health actions, particularly during a foodborne outbreak...
- Sporadic infections of Salmonella Paratyphi B, var. Java associated with fish tanksColette Gaulin
Direction de la protection de la santé publique, Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux du Québec, Quebec City, QC
Can J Public Health 96:471-4. 2005..Identify a source of contamination to explain the increase in the number of cases of S. Paratyphi B var. Java infection...
- Widespread listeriosis outbreak attributable to pasteurized cheese, which led to extensive cross-contamination affecting cheese retailers, Quebec, Canada, 2008Colette Gaulin
Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, 1075 chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, Canada G1S 2M1
J Food Prot 75:71-8. 2012..Retailers should be instructed about the risk of cross-contamination, even with soft pasteurized cheese and apply methods to avoid it...
- An outbreak of Bacillus cereus implicating a part-time banquet catererColette Gaulin
Centre de santé publique de Québec, 2400 rue d Estimauville, Beauport, Quebec, G1E 7G9
Can J Public Health 93:353-5. 2002..The objectives of this study were to identify a risk factor associated with the food during the banquet and to identify measures of control for avoiding this kind of outbreak in the future...
- Epidemiological patterns and hospital characteristics associated with increased incidence of Clostridium difficile infection in Quebec, Canada, 1998-2006Rodica Gilca
Direction des Risques Biologiques et de la Santé au Travail, Institut National de Sante Publique du Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 31:939-47. 2010..To explore epidemiological patterns of the incidence of Clostridium difficile infection (CDI) and hospital characteristics associated with increased incidence during nonepidemic and epidemic years...
- Travel agents and the prevention of health problems among travelers in QuÃ©becSylvie Provost
, , , , Canada
J Travel Med 9:3-9. 2002..CONCLUSION: Despite the limits of this study, our results should help the public health network better target its interventions aimed to inform travel agents on prevention of health problems among travelers...