- Appetite and rewardStephanie Fulton
CRCHUM and Montreal Diabetes Research Center, Department of Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Front Neuroendocrinol 31:85-103. 2010..Along these lines, this review pulls together research describing the peripheral and central signalling molecules that modulate the rewarding effects of food and the underlying neural pathways...
- Potentiation of brain stimulation reward by weight loss: evidence for functional heterogeneity in brain reward circuitryStephanie Fulton
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Concordia University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Behav Brain Res 174:56-63. 2006..This finding is interpreted in terms of the subdivision of brain reward circuitry along functional and anatomical lines...
- Neurosystems linking corticolimbic and hypothalamic pathways in energy balance: view from the ChairS Fulton
Department of Nutrition, CRCHUM and Montreal Diabetes Research Center, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:S3-7. 2009....
- Food restriction and leptin impact brain reward circuitry in lean and obese Zucker ratsStephanie Fulton
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Concordia University, Montreal, Que, Canada H3G 1M8
Behav Brain Res 155:319-29. 2004..These results show that brain reward circuitry in the obese Zucker rat is sensitive to weight loss and leptin...
- Brain reward circuitry and the regulation of energy balanceP Shizgal
Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:S17-21. 2001....
- Interaction of CRH and energy balance in the modulation of brain stimulation rewardStephanie Fulton
Center for Studies in Behavioural Neurobiology, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Behav Neurosci 116:651-9. 2002..These findings provide further evidence that sensitivity to food restriction is an important factor in determining the influence of hormones and neuropeptides on brain reward circuitry...
- Does neuropeptide Y contribute to the modulation of brain stimulation reward by chronic food restriction?Stephanie Fulton
Center for Studies in Behavioural Neurobiology, Concordia University, Hall Building Rm 1013, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd, Montreal QC, Canada H3G 1M8
Behav Brain Res 134:157-64. 2002..These findings suggest that NPY does not take part in the process whereby food restriction and leptin modulate reward circuitry activated by stimulating restriction-sensitive sites...
- Leptin regulation of the mesoaccumbens dopamine pathwayStephanie Fulton
Department of Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 51:811-22. 2006..These data define a role for leptin in mesoaccumbens DA signaling and indicate that the mesoaccumbens DA pathway, critical to integrating motivated behavior, responds to this adipose-derived signal...