- Dietary fat and prostate cancer progression and survivalY Fradet
Laval University, Quebec, Que, Canada
Eur Urol 35:388-91. 1999..We studied the association between dietary fat intake and prostate cancer survival...
- Biomarkers in prostate cancer diagnosis and prognosis: beyond prostate-specific antigenYves Fradet
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Urol 19:243-6. 2009..To review the most recent advances in genetic testing for prostate cancer risk and of new molecular diagnostic assays to improve diagnostic accuracy and treatment decision beyond prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing...
- Should Canadians be offered systematic prostate cancer screening? YesYves Fradet
Laval University, Quebec
Can Fam Physician 53:989-92, 994-7. 2007
- Can biological markers predict recurrence and progression of superficial bladder cancer?Y Fradet
Department of Oncology, Laval University Cancer Research Center, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Urol 10:441-5. 2000..Molecular fingerprints of superficial tumors with distinct clinical behavior are being rapidly unravelled. Large-scale clinical studies are urgently needed to provide supportive evidence for their incorporation in clinical management...
- Cancer-testis antigen expression in bladder cancerYves Fradet
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, CHUQ L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Prog Urol 16:421-8. 2006
- Dietary energy and nutrients in relation to preclinical prostate cancerF Meyer
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Laval University, QC, Canada
Nutr Cancer 29:120-6. 1997..This study provides some evidence that total energy intake is related to preclinical prostate cancer and suggests that diet could be involved earlier than thought in the occurrence of prostate cancer...
- Quebec prostate cancer mortality dropped in 1996F Meyer
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Sainte Foy, Que
Cancer Prev Control 2:163-6. 1998..To monitor incidence and mortality rates of prostate cancer in the province of Quebec...
- Duration of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy before radical prostatectomy and disease-free survival in men with prostate cancerF Meyer
Cancer Research Center and Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Urology 58:71-7. 2001..No association was observed for ADT of </=92 days. These results suggest that neoadjuvant ADT before RP has a real, delayed, and persistent effect on disease-free survival, if and only if ADT is prolonged beyond 3 months...
- Expression of p21 predicts PSA failure in locally advanced prostate cancer treated by prostatectomyL Lacombe
Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Laval University, , Quebec G1R 2J6, Canada
Int J Cancer 95:135-9. 2001..This tumor marker may help clinicians identify patients who may require adjuvant treatment strategies following radical prostatectomy...
- Lifetime occupational physical activity and incidental prostate cancer (Canada)I Bairati
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, Canada
Cancer Causes Control 11:759-64. 2000....
- [International Prostate Symptom Scale. Evaluation of the usefulness of a French version]J Moisan
Faculté de pharmacie de l Université Laval, Que
Can Fam Physician 46:1772-6. 2000....
- Insulin-like growth factor binding protein 2: an androgen-dependent predictor of prostate cancer survivalBrant A Inman
Division of Urology, Laval University, CRHDQ, 11 Cote du Palais, Quebec, QC, Canada G1R 2J6
Eur Urol 47:695-702. 2005..Evidence suggests that the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) family is important in prostate cancer. We evaluate the ability of IGF markers to predict biochemical recurrence-free survival (bRFS) following radical prostatectomy (RRP)...
- Insomnia in men treated with radical prostatectomy for prostate cancerJosee Savard
Laval University Cancer Research Center and School of Psychology, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Psychooncology 14:147-56. 2005....
- Tamoxifen as prophylaxis for prevention of gynaecomastia and breast pain associated with bicalutamide 150 mg monotherapy in patients with prostate cancer: a randomised, placebo-controlled, dose-response studyYves Fradet
Centre de Recherche, Chuq Hotel Dieu de Quebec, Quebec, PQ, Canada
Eur Urol 52:106-14. 2007..To define the optimum tamoxifen dose for reducing bicalutamide (CASODEX) 150 mg monotherapy-induced breast events (ie, gynaecomastia or breast pain or both) without compromising disease control...
- PCA3 molecular urine assay for prostate cancer in men undergoing repeat biopsyLeonard S Marks
Urological Sciences Research Foundation, Los Angeles, California 90232, USA
Urology 69:532-5. 2007..We evaluated the potential utility of the investigational prostate cancer gene 3 (PCA3) urine assay to predict the repeat biopsy outcome...
- Rebuttal: Should Canadians be offered systematic prostate cancer screening? YESYves Fradet
Laval University in Quebec
Can Fam Physician 53:1140-3. 2007
- PCA3: a molecular urine assay for predicting prostate biopsy outcomeIna L Deras
Gen Probe, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Urol 179:1587-92. 2008..We further characterized PCA3 performance in different groups of men and determined whether the PCA3 score could synergize with other clinical information to predict biopsy outcome...
- Membrane-type-1 matrix metalloproteinase, matrix metalloproteinase 2, and tissue inhibitor of matrix proteinase 2 in prostate cancer: identification of patients with poor prognosis by immunohistochemistryDominique Trudel
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec CHUQ and Université Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Hum Pathol 39:731-9. 2008..0001). This study suggests that MMP14 is involved mostly in Pca implantation and that MMP2 and TIMP2 expression by reactive stromal cells might be used as predictors of DFS in T3N0-2M0 Pca...
- uPM3, a new molecular urine test for the detection of prostate cancerYves Fradet
Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Urology 64:311-5; discussion 315-6. 2004..To evaluate, in a multicenter study, the diagnostic performance of a new molecular test uPM3 for detecting prostate cancer cells in urine because of the need for better methods to identify patients at risk of prostate cancer...
- Neoadjuvant hormone therapy before salvage radiotherapy for an increasing post-radical prostatectomy serum prostate specific antigen levelRabi Tiguert
Department of Urology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Laval University Cancer Research Center, Canada
J Urol 170:447-50. 2003..We retrospectively evaluated the benefit of neoadjuvant androgen deprivation therapy administered before salvage external beam radiation treatment in patients with biochemical failure following retropubic radical prostatectomy (RRP)...
- Significance of MMP-2 expression in prostate cancer: an immunohistochemical studyDominique Trudel
Departments of Pathology, Laval University, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 63:8511-5. 2003..267; P = 0.0012). Increased MMP-2 expression by malignant prostatic epithelia is an independent predictor of decreased prostate cancer disease-free survival...
- Bicalutamide (Casodex) in the treatment of prostate cancerYves Fradet
Laval University, Cancer Research Center, CHUQ L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 11 Cote du Palais, Quebec, QC G1R 2J6, Canada
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 4:37-48. 2004..This paper reviews the evidence concerning the use of bicalutamide at all stages of the disease...
- Expression of p21 cell cycle protein is an independent predictor of response to salvage radiotherapy after radical prostatectomyJerome Rigaud
Laboratoire d Uro Oncologie Expérimentale, Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, CHUQ L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Prostate 58:269-76. 2004....
- [Salvage radical prostatectomy after radiotherapy failure in localized prostatic cancer]Jerome Rigaud
Clinique Urologique, CHU de Nantes, France
Prog Urol 12:1179-87. 2002..The objective of this study was to evaluate salvage radical prostatectomy after failure of radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer...
- Identification of two genes differentially expressed upon different spatial configuration of the MGH-U3 human bladder cancer cellsSerge Champetier
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Centre de recherche du Pavillon l Hôtel Dieu de Québec, 9 rue McMahon, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1R 2J6
Urol Oncol 7:57-61. 2002..The differential IGFBP-5 expression in this model system was also evidenced by Western analysis. The possible anti-proliferative role of IGFBP-5 in this model system is briefly discussed...
- Identification of PCA3 (DD3) in prostatic carcinoma by in situ hybridizationIon Popa
Department of Pathology, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Laval University, QC, Canada
Mod Pathol 20:1121-7. 2007..Normal glands rarely express the marker, except those located in immediate proximity of neoplastic glands, suggesting the presence of precursor molecular changes...
- Controversies in the management of localized prostate cancer: consensus development by Canadian urologistsLaurence H Klotz
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health ciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 9:30-5. 2002..These summaries were collected and integrated into a set of questions. At the end of the congress, the attendees voted on the questions and controversies identified through the workshop process...
- Intravesical chemotherapy of high-grade bladder cancer with HTI-286, a synthetic analogue of the marine sponge product hemiasterlinBoris A Hadaschik
The Prostate Centre at Vancouver General Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 14:1510-8. 2008..In this study, we evaluate the inhibitory effects of HTI-286 on human bladder cancer growth, both in vitro and as an intravesical agent in an orthotopic murine model...
- Role of radical prostatectomy in high-risk prostate cancerYves Fradet
Department of Surgery, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Can J Urol 9:8-13. 2002..However, urologists must be prepared for higher failure rates when performing this surgery in patients with high-risk disease compared to those with low-risk disease...
- The detection of genetic markers of bladder cancer in urine and serumMichele Lodde
Department of Urology, Laval University, Hotel Dieu, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Urol 18:499-503. 2008..To review the most recent publications focusing on the use of genetic markers (DNA, RNA and nucleosides) in urine and serum and provide an opinion on their potential utility for screening, diagnosis and prognosis of urothelial carcinoma...
- A survey of urological manpower, technology, and resources in CanadaPeter Pommerville
Vancouver Island Health Authority, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Can J Urol 11:2290-5. 2004..Knowledge of the current status of manpower and resources is important in understanding the state of any medical specialty, and critical in planning for future recruitment, funding and infrastructure development...
- PD-L1 (B7-H1) expression by urothelial carcinoma of the bladder and BCG-induced granulomata: associations with localized stage progressionBrant A Inman
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Cancer 109:1499-505. 2007..The role of PD-L1 was evaluated as a mechanism for local stage progression in urothelial carcinoma (UC) of the bladder...
- MAGE-A9 mRNA and protein expression in bladder cancerValérie Picard
Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, 10 McMahon, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Int J Cancer 120:2170-7. 2007..These results show that MAGE-A9 is frequently expressed in superficial bladder cancer and could be a relevant target for immunotherapy or chemoimmunotherapy because its expression can be induced by chemotherapeutic drugs...
- Prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia in TURP specimens and subsequent prostate cancerFrancois Meyer
Laval University Cancer Research Center, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Urol 13:3255-60. 2006....
- Defining a 0.5-mb region of genomic gain on chromosome 6p22 in bladder cancer by quantitative-multiplex polymerase chain reactionAndrew J Evans
Department of Pathology, University Health Network Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 164:285-93. 2004..This also represents the first study identifying DNA copy number increases for DEK in bladder cancer...
- Does prolonging the time to bladder cancer surgery affect long-term cancer control: a systematic review of the literatureYves Fradet
Laval University, CHUQ Hôtel Dieu de Québec City, Quebec, Canada
Can J Urol 13:37-47. 2006..e., recurrence-free survival, overall survival)?..
- Cancer-testis antigen expression in bladder cancerYves Fradet
Laboratoire d Uro Oncologie Expérimentale, Centre de recherche en cancérologie de l Université Laval, CHUQ L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Canada
Prog Urol 15:1303-13. 2005....
- ImmunoCyt/uCyt+ improves the sensitivity of urine cytology in patients followed for urothelial carcinomaBernard Tetu
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Laval University, Cote du Palais, Quebec, Canada
Mod Pathol 18:83-9. 2005..In conclusion, ImmunoCyt/uCyt may be used to postpone cystoscopies in patients followed for bladder cancer and may help to save cytologist and pathologist screening time...
- Safety and outcome of early catheter removal after radical retropubic prostatectomyRabi Tiguert
Department of Urology, Laval University Cancer Research Center, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, Quebec, Canada
Urology 63:513-7. 2004..To assess the outcomes of patients who underwent radical retropubic prostatectomy (RRP) and had their indwelling urinary catheter removed on postoperative day 4 or later...
- Psychological functioning associated with prostate cancer: cross-sectional comparison of patients treated with radiotherapy, brachytherapy, or surgerySéverine Hervouet
School of Psychology, Laval University, Canada
J Pain Symptom Manage 30:474-84. 2005..Although cross-sectional, these findings raise the possibility of a differential influence of treatments for prostate cancer on some aspects of psychological functioning...