Genomes and Genes
- White adipose tissue apolipoprotein C-I secretion in relation to delayed plasma clearance of dietary fat in humansHanny Wassef
PDt, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Office 1770 2, 110, Pins Ave West, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2785-93. 2012..Thus, we aimed to determine whether increased WAT apoC-I secretion is related to delayed dietary fat clearance in humans...
- Reduction in serum apoB is associated with reduced inflammation and insulin resistance in post-menopausal women: A MONET studyMay Faraj
Department of Nutrition, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 211:682-8. 2010..As apoB-lipoproteins are related to inflammation and inflammation promotes IR, we hypothesized that the reduction in inflammation and IR following hypocaloric-interventions is associated with the reduction in serum apoB...
- Insulin regulation of gene expression and concentrations of white adipose tissue-derived proteins in vivo in healthy men: relation to adiponutrinMay Faraj
Laboratoire des dysfonctions Métabolique, Departement de Nutrition, Faculte de Medicine, Universite de Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Endocrinol 191:427-35. 2006..We hypothesize that insulin-mediated regulation of adiponutrin expression is under the PI3K pathway. The relevance of the present findings to reduced adiponutrin expression in type 2 diabetes is discussed...
- Apolipoprotein B: a predictor of inflammatory status in postmenopausal overweight and obese womenM Faraj
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Nutrition, University of Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QC, H3T 1A8, Canada
Diabetologia 49:1637-46. 2006..We hypothesised that because apolipoprotein B (ApoB) reflects atherogenic particle number, it is the primary predictor of inflammatory status...
- Enhanced dietary fat clearance in postobese womenM Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1A1
J Lipid Res 42:571-80. 2001..These findings are compatible with an increased efficiency of dietary fat storage and suggest one possible mechanism for promotion of weight regain in postobese individuals...
- Association between physical activity energy expenditure and inflammatory markers in sedentary overweight and obese womenM E Lavoie
Department of Nutrition, Universite de Montreal, Pavillon Liliane de Stewart, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 34:1387-95. 2010..We examined the association between physical activity energy expenditure (PAEE), total (TEE) and resting energy expenditure (REE) and cardiorespiratory fitness (VO(2)peak) with inflammatory markers in overweight/obese women...
- Body fat distribution modulates insulin sensitivity in post-menopausal overweight and obese women: a MONET studyB Tousignant
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Nutrition, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:1626-32. 2008..Thus, we examined the contribution of adipose tissue distribution, as assessed by the PFM/CFM ratio, to insulin sensitivity in overweight and obese postmenopausal women...
- Regulation of leptin, adiponectin and acylation-stimulating protein by hyperinsulinaemia and hyperglycaemia in vivo in healthy lean young menM Faraj
Unité métabolique, Departement de Nutrition, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, 2405, chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, Quebec, H3T 1A8, Canada
Diabetes Metab 34:334-42. 2008..Our aim was to examine whether or not acute hyperinsulinaemia and/or hyperglycaemia per se have differential regulation of these hormones in healthy subjects...
- Metabolic profile and quality of life in class I sarcopenic overweight and obese postmenopausal women: a MONET studyVirginie Messier
Departement de Nutrition, Universite de Montreal, 2405, chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Montreal, QCH3T1A8, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 34:18-24. 2009....
- The metabolically healthy but obese individual presents a favorable inflammation profileAntony D Karelis
Department of Nutrition, University of Montreal, 2405 Chemin Cote Ste Catherine, Pavillon Liliane de Stewart, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3T 1A8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:4145-50. 2005..The purpose of this study was to investigate the inflammatory state in obese women displaying the "metabolically healthy but obese" (MHO) phenotype...
- Diabetes, lipids, and adipocyte secretagoguesMay Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Centre, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, QC, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 82:170-90. 2004....
- Plasma acylation-stimulating protein, adiponectin, leptin, and ghrelin before and after weight loss induced by gastric bypass surgery in morbidly obese subjectsMay Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:1594-602. 2003....
- ASP enhances in situ lipoprotein lipase activity by increasing fatty acid trapping in adipocytesMay Faraj
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Canada
J Lipid Res 45:657-66. 2004....
- Adiponutrin gene is regulated by insulin and glucose in human adipose tissueMarthe Moldes
Department of Endocrinology, Cancer and Metabolism, Institut Cochin, Paris F 75014, France, INSERM, U567, Paris F 75014, France
Eur J Endocrinol 155:461-8. 2006....
- Apolipoprotein B, apolipoprotein A-I, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndromeAllan D Sniderman
Mike Rosenbloom Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, McGill University Health Center, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Curr Opin Lipidol 18:633-7. 2007..Therefore, our objective is to elucidate how apolipoprotein B and apolipoprotein A-I amplify evidence of the interactions amongst metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, abdominal obesity, and vascular risk...
- Muscle and liver insulin resistance indexes derived from the oral glucose tolerance test: response to Abdul-Ghani et alJean Philippe Bastard
Diabetes Care 30:e83; author reply e84. 2007
- Acute hyperglycemia induces a global downregulation of gene expression in adipose tissue and skeletal muscle of healthy subjectsEmmanuelle Meugnier
UMR INSERM870 INRA1235, Faculté de Médecine R Laennec, Rue G Paradin, F 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Diabetes 56:992-9. 2007....