- The effect of nocturnal wear of complete dentures on sleep and oral health related quality of life: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialElham Emami
Faculty of Dentistry, Universite de Montreal, 2900 Edouard Montpetit, Montreal, QC H3T 1J4, Canada
Trials 15:358. 2014....
- The impact of edentulism on oral and general healthElham Emami
Département de Dentisterie et de Restauration, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 3J7
Int J Dent 2013:498305. 2013..A better understanding of disease indicators is necessary for establishing a solid strategy through an organized oral health care system to prevent and treat this morbid chronic condition...
- Linking evidence to treatment for denture stomatitis: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsElham Emami
Département de Dentisterie et de Restauration, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada Electronic address
J Dent 42:99-106. 2014..The aim of this meta-analysis was to compare the efficacy of antifungal therapy with any other alternative methods used for the treatment of denture stomatitis...
- In individuals with complete tooth loss, the mandibular implant-retained overdenture increases patient satisfaction and oral health related quality of life compared to conventional denturesElham Emami
Professor, Prosthodontics, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, succursale Centre Ville Montreal, QC, H3C3J7, Canada Tel 514 343 6053 fax 514 343 2233 Electronic address
J Evid Based Dent Pract 13:94-6. 2013..Harris D, Höfer S, O'Boyle CA, Sheridan S, Marley J, Benington IC, Clifford T, Houston F, O'Connell B. Clin Oral Implants Res 2013; 24(1): 96-103...
- The nocturnal use of complete dentures and sleep stability in edentulous eldersElham Emami
Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Dent 41:703-9. 2013..To evaluate the stability of sleep quality and the impact of nocturnal use of complete dentures on sleep quality in an elderly edentulous population over a one-year period...
- In individuals with loss of molar support, the treatment based on shortened dental arch concept may not decrease the risk of tooth loss compared with molar replacement with removable partial prosthesisElham Emami
Oral Health and Rehabilitation Research Unit, Department of Restorative Dentistry, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, QC, H3C3J7
J Evid Based Dent Pract 11:99-101. 2011
- Two-unit cantilevered resin-bonded fixed partial denture as a substitute for a prosthodontic-orthodontic treatment plan: a 5-year case reportElham Emami
Oral Health and Rehabilitation Research Unit, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Montreal, C P 6128, Downtown Branch, Montreal, QC
J Can Dent Assoc 78:c67. 2012..This conservative treatment plan was cost-effective without having any significant biological cost...
- The association of denture stomatitis and partial removable dental prostheses: a systematic reviewElham Emami
Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Int J Prosthodont 25:113-9. 2012..The aim of this systematic review was to analyze the evidence on the occurrence of denture stomatitis (DS) and potential risk factors in patients wearing partial removable dental prostheses (RDPs)...
- The relationship of myceliated colonies of Candida albicans with denture stomatitis: an in vivo/in vitro studyElham Emami
Faculty of Dental Medicine, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Int J Prosthodont 20:514-20. 2007..albicans isolates in denture wearers. Prevalence of denture stomatitis and influence of putative risk factors were also investigated...
- New technologies in health care. Part 2: A legal and professional dilemmaBeverly Lai
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
J Can Dent Assoc 74:637-40. 2008..In this second article of a 2-part series, we review these obligations, as well as provide information about where dentists can find the necessary scientific evidence on which to base an informed decision...
- Development of an evidence-based prosthodontic record: an action research studyMotahareh Ahmadi
Oral Health and Rehabilitation Research Unit, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Int J Prosthodont 26:359-64. 2013....
- Measuring patient-based outcomes: is treatment satisfaction associated with oral health-related quality of life?Pierre Luc Michaud
Département de dentisterie de restauration, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Dent 40:624-31. 2012..The effects of time and treatment type were also assessed...
- Impact of implant support for mandibular dentures on satisfaction, oral and general health-related quality of life: a meta-analysis of randomized-controlled trialsElham Emami
Départment de Dentisterie et de Restauration, Faculte de Medecine Dentaire, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:533-44. 2009..The aim of this study was to examine systematically the data published on the efficacy of mandibular implant-retained overdentures from the patient's perspective...
- Research approaches in prosthodonticsElham Emami
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 16:185-9. 2008..Differences, advantages and disadvantages of each method are highlighted. Prosthodontic researchers are encouraged to combine these methods to benefit from the potential of each of these approaches...
- Resin-bonded cantilever partial dentures are effective in terms of patient satisfaction in the restoration of the mandibular shortened dental archElham Emami
Oral Health and Rehabilitation Research Unit, , , C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, , QC, H3C3J7, Canada
J Evid Based Dent Pract 10:64-6. 2010..05). CONCLUSIONS: The authors concluded that resin-bonded cantilever FPDs are an effective means of restoring a mandibular shortened dental arch in terms of patient comfort and acceptance compared to treatments with RPDs...
- New technologies in health care. Part 1: A moral and ethical predicamentAriane Lebuis
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
J Can Dent Assoc 74:631-5. 2008....