- Predictive validity and psychiatric nursing staff's perception of the clinical usefulness of the French version of the Dynamic Appraisal of Situational AggressionAlexandre Dumais
Universite de Montreal, Faculty of Nursing Science, QC, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 33:670-5. 2012..Moreover, the nurses though the scale would be useful to their practice; and, indeed, the team still uses the DASAfr...
- Clinical and sociodemographic profiles of male inmates with severe mental illness: a comparison with voluntarily and involuntarily hospitalized patientsAlexandre Dumais
Montreal University, Fernand Seguin Research Centre, Philippe Pinel Institute of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 55:172-9. 2010..To identify the clinical specificity of men with severe mental illness (aged 18 to 40 years) by legal status...
- Schizophrenia and serious violence: a clinical-profile analysis incorporating impulsivity and substance-use disordersAlexandre Dumais
Philippe Pinel Institute of Montreal, Fernand Seguin Research Center, Department of Psychiatry of the University of Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Schizophr Res 130:234-7. 2011..This study is an exploration of the role of SUD and impulsivity in individuals with schizophrenia who are at higher risk of serious violence (SV)...
- Prevalence and correlates of seclusion with or without restraint in a Canadian psychiatric hospital: a 2-year retrospective auditA Dumais
Montreal University, Fernand Seguin Research Center, Philippe Pinel Institute of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 18:394-402. 2011..More research is warranted to better identify the principal factors associated with seclusion and restraint and help reduce resort to these measures...
- Risk factors for suicide completion in major depression: a case-control study of impulsive and aggressive behaviors in menA Dumais
McGill Group for Suicide Studies, Douglas Hospital, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Que H4H 1R3, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 162:2116-24. 2005..With a case-control design, a comparison of the level of impulsive and aggressive behaviors and the prevalence of associated psychopathology was carried out with control for the presence of primary psychopathology...
- Factors influencing decisions on seclusion and restraintC Larue
Montreal University, 2375 chemin de la Côte, Sainte Catherine, Montreal, QC H3T 1A8, Canada
J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 16:440-6. 2009..The ultimate objective is to reduce recourse to coercive measures and enhance professional practices...