- Local serotonergic signaling in mammalian follicles, oocytes and early embryosFranÃ§ois DubÃ©
DÃ©partement d ObstÃ©trique GynÃ©cologie, FacultÃ© de MÃ©decine, UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al and Centre de Recherche, Centre Hospitalier de l UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al CHUM HÃ´pital Saint Luc, MontrÃ©al, QuÃ©bec, Canada
Life Sci 81:1627-37. 2007..Specific roles played by 5-HT in mammalian reproduction remain to be further investigated, and now span from steroidogenesis and oocyte maturation to early embryonic development...
- A new G protein-coupled receptor from a primitive metazoan shows homology with vertebrate aminergic receptors and displays constitutive activity in mammalian cellsChristelle Bouchard
Departement de sciences biologiques, Universite de Montreal, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
J Neurochem 86:1149-61. 2003..Taken together, the data suggested that Ren1 was expressed as a constitutively active receptor. Its identification provides a basis for examination of the early evolutionary emergence of GPCRs and their functional properties...
- Intracellular cAMP and calcium signaling by serotonin in mouse cumulus-oocyte complexesPascal Amireault
Départment d Obstétrique Gynécologie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 68:1678-87. 2005..Our results show that 5-HT may be a local regulator in mouse cumulus-oocyte complexes through its actions on cAMP and Ca2+ signaling, as mediated by 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and 5-HT7 receptors...
- Increase of cAMP upon release from prophase arrest in surf clam oocytesJae Hyuk Yi
Département d obstétrique gynécologie, Universite de Montreal, Centre de Recherche du CHUM, Hopital Saint Luc, 264 Rene Levesque Est, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 1P1
J Cell Sci 115:311-20. 2002..Our work sheds light on the diversity of upstream pathways leading to activation of MPF and provides a unique model whereby the onset of meiosis reinitiation is associated with an increase, not a decrease, in oocyte cAMP levels...
- Serotonin and its antidepressant-sensitive transport in mouse cumulus-oocyte complexes and early embryosPascal Amireault
Département d obstétrique gynécologie, Université de Montréal and Centre de Recherche, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM Hôpital Saint Luc, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1P1, Canada
Biol Reprod 73:358-65. 2005....
- Localization and quantification of gonad serotonin during gametogenesis of the surf clam, Spisula solidissimaIsabelle Masseau
Departement des Sciences Biologiques, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Biol Bull 202:23-33. 2002..The finding that prior to spawning, serotonin is present in the gonads within fibers exhibiting distinct varicosities suggests that it is implicated in spawning...
- Identification of a novel aminergic-like G protein-coupled receptor in the cnidarian Renilla koellikeriChristelle Bouchard
Departement de sciences biologiques, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centreville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
Gene 341:67-75. 2004..Localization of these transcripts by in situ hybridization demonstrated abundant expression in the epithelium of the pharyngeal wall, the oral disk and tentacles as well as in the endodermal epithelium lining the gastrovascular cavities...
- Characterization of a novel octopamine receptor expressed in the surf clam Spisula solidissimaVeronique Blais
CR CHUM Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, Département d obstétrique gynécologie, Hopital Saint Luc, 264 René Lévesque E, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 1P1
Gen Comp Endocrinol 167:215-27. 2010..This initial characterization of Spi-OAR makes possible further investigations and comparisons with more studied and familiar insect or gastropod mollusc octopamine receptors...