- Risk factors associated with transmission of Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis to calves within dairy herd: a systematic reviewE Dore
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Vet Intern Med 26:32-45. 2012..For these programs to be efficient, knowledge of the risk factors involved in transmission is essential...
- Pharmacokinetics of ceftiofur crystalline free acid after single subcutaneous administration in lactating and nonlactating domestic goats (Capra aegagrus hircus)Elizabeth Dore
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vétérinaire, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
J Vet Pharmacol Ther 34:25-30. 2011..There were no significant differences in the pharmacokinetic parameter between the nonlactating and lactating goats...
- A retrospective study of 29 cases of otitis media/interna in dairy calvesVéronique Bernier Gosselin
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vétérinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, C P 5000 Québec J2S 7C6
Can Vet J 53:957-62. 2012..According to medical imaging techniques or necropsy, 69% of the cases were classified as chronic. Mean duration of treatment was 23.3 d. The rate of clinical recovery was 75%...
- Duodenal obstruction caused by duodenal sigmoid flexure volvulus in dairy cattle: 29 cases (2006-2010)Susan R Vogel
Farm Animal Hospital, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, CP 5000, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
J Am Vet Med Assoc 241:621-5. 2012..To characterize duodenal sigmoid flexure volvulus (DSFV) and determine the prognosis for affected cattle undergoing surgery...
- Validation of the handheld Lactate-Pro analyzer for measurement of blood L-lactate concentration in cattleSébastien Buczinski
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Vet Clin Pathol 43:567-72. 2014..As multiple handheld analyzers for LAC exist, it is important to validate their use in cattle in comparison with reference laboratory blood analyzers...
- A systematic review of risk factors associated with the introduction of Mycobacterium avium spp. paratuberculosis (MAP) into dairy herdsSaray J Rangel
Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, Saint Hyacinthe, Québec Rangel, Dore, Arango, Buczinski, Roy, Wellemans, Fecteau Agence Canadienne d inspection des aliments, Saint Hyacinthe, Québec Paré Ministère de l Agriculture, des pêcheries et de l alimentation du Québec, Saint Hyacinthe, Québec Côté, Labrecque, Fairbrother
Can Vet J 56:169-77. 2015..The review indicated that purchase/introduction of animals was an important risk factor and that the importance of wildlife or other domestic species as a mechanism for transmission into a cattle herd was not measurable. ..
- Congenital enlargement of the suburethral diverticulum in a Holstein calfSusan R Vogel
Department of Clinical Sciences, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Can Vet J 52:173-6. 2011..A congenitally enlarged urethral diverticulum was diagnosed using fluoroscopic and ultrasonographic imaging techniques. The urethral diverticulum was surgically resected and the perineal area was reconstructed...