- The cortisol awakening response in bipolar illness: a pilot studyDorian Deshauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 48:462-6. 2003..We hypothesized that the free cortisol response to waking, believed to be genetically influenced, would be elevated in a significant percentage of cases, regardless of the afternoon Dexamethasone Suppression Test (DST) value...
- MMPI as a measure of subthreshold and residual psychopathology among the offspring of lithium responsive and non-responsive bipolar parentsNatasha Demidenko
Bipolar Disorders Research Unit, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bipolar Disord 6:323-8. 2004..The present study compares MMPI profiles completed by the well or remitted offspring of two groups of bipolar parents divided on the basis of parental response to long-term lithium...
- Re-evaluation of randomized control trials of lithium monotherapy: a cohort effectD Deshauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Bipolar Disorders Research Unit, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Bipolar Disord 7:382-7. 2005..We attempted to quantify the impact of pre-randomization enrichment designs and diagnostic drift on randomized controlled trials (RCTs) of lithium maintenance therapy...
- Case report: edema related to olanzapine therapyDorian Deshauer
Royal Ottawa Hospital in Ontario
Can Fam Physician 52:620-1. 2006
- Salivary cortisol secretion in remitted bipolar patients and offspring of bipolar parentsDorian Deshauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bipolar Disord 8:345-9. 2006..The purpose of this study is to replicate findings of increased cortisol secretion during clinical remission in bipolar patients and in the offspring of bipolar parents, rigorously controlling for known confounders...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for unipolar depression: a systematic review of classic long-term randomized controlled trialsDorian Deshauer
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 178:1293-301. 2008..We conducted a systematic review to examine the efficacy and acceptability of long-term therapy with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors relative to placebo in the treatment of unipolar depression...
- Impact of study design on the results of continuation studies of antidepressantsDorian Deshauer
J Clin Psychopharmacol 28:467-8. 2008
- Can discontinuation trials inform the use of antidepressants in depressed children?Dorian Deshauer
Am J Psychiatry 165:1205; author reply 1205. 2008