- Effects of acute exposure to PCBs 126 and 153 on anterior pituitary and thyroid hormones and FSH isoforms in adult Sprague Dawley male ratsD Desaulniers
Environmental and Occupational Toxicology Division, Department of Health, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Toxicol Sci 47:158-69. 1999..Serum LH and T4 concentrations were the most sensitive and practical endocrine indicators of PCBs 126 and 153 exposure in male rats...
- Reproductive and thyroid hormone levels in rats following 90-day dietary exposure to PCB 28 (2,4,4'-trichlorobiphenyl) or PCB 77 (3,3'4,4'-tetrachlorobiphenyl)D Desaulniers
Reproductive Toxicology Section, Bureau of Chemical Hazards, Environmental Health Directorate Health Protection Branch, Health Canada Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Toxicol Ind Health 13:627-38. 1997..These results suggest that thyroid functions may be more susceptible or adapt less readily than the pituitary gland and the testes to endocrine disruption caused by PCB congeners...
- Comparisons of brain, uterus, and liver mRNA expression for cytochrome p450s, DNA methyltransferase-1, and catechol-o-methyltransferase in prepubertal female Sprague-Dawley rats exposed to a mixture of aryl hydrocarbon receptor agonistsD Desaulniers
Health Canada, Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch, Environmental and Occupational Toxicology Division, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0L2
Toxicol Sci 86:175-84. 2005..These results support the possibility that early exposure to environmental contaminants could lead to effects mediated by changes in DNA methylation and/or estrogen metabolism and signaling...
- Effects of lactational and/or in utero exposure to environmental contaminants on the glucocorticoid stress-response and DNA methylation of the glucocorticoid receptor promoter in male ratsD Desaulniers
Health Canada, Healthy Environments and Consumer Safety Branch, Hazard Identification Division, AL 0803D Tunney s Pasture, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0K9, Canada
Toxicology 308:20-33. 2013....
- Modulatory effects of neonatal exposure to TCDD, or a mixture of PCBs, p,p'-DDT, and p-p'-DDE, on methylnitrosourea-induced mammary tumor development in the ratD Desaulniers
Environmental and Occupational Toxicology Division, Bureau of Chemical Hazards, Department of Health, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1A 0L2
Environ Health Perspect 109:739-47. 2001..These results suggest that neonatal exposure to high doses of organochlorines could favor the development of MNU-induced mammary lesions, but also delays the development of palpable tumors in the rat...
- Effects of postnatal exposure to mixtures of non-ortho-PCBs, PCDDs, and PCDFs in prepubertal female ratsD Desaulniers
Health Canada, Environmental and Occupational Toxicology Division, Tunney s Pasture, A L 0803D, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1A 0L2
Toxicol Sci 75:468-80. 2003....