- Local public health response to vaccine-associated measles: case reportMonica Hau
Peel Public Health, 7120 Hurontario St, RPO Streetsville, PO Box 667, Mississauga, ON L5M 2C2, Canada
BMC Public Health 13:269. 2013..In this case report, we describe Peel Public Health's response to a vaccine-associated measles case in an immunocompromised child in Ontario, Canada...
- Human papilloma virus vaccination programs reduce health inequity in most scenarios: a simulation studyNatasha S Crowcroft
Infectious Diseases, Public Health Ontario, 480 University Avenue, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1V2, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:935. 2012..In this context, we aimed to explore what the impact of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine might have on health equity allowing for uncertainty surrounding the long-term effect of HPV vaccination programs...
- Epidemiology of serogroup B invasive meningococcal disease in Ontario, Canada, 2000 to 2010Vica Dang
Public Health Ontario, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 12:202. 2012..The anticipated availability of vaccines targeting this serogroup prompted an assessment of the epidemiology of serogroup B disease in Ontario, Canada...
- An assessment of mumps vaccine effectiveness by dose during an outbreak in CanadaShelley L Deeks
Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Ontario
CMAJ 183:1014-20. 2011..The level of coverage required to reach herd immunity and interrupt community transmission of mumps was also estimated...
- Factors associated with initiation and completion of the quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine series in an Ontario cohort of grade 8 girlsLeah M Smith
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen s University, Carruthers Hall, Kingston, ON, K7L 3N6, Canada
BMC Public Health 11:645. 2011..In order to successfully guide future HPV vaccine programming, it is important to monitor HPV vaccine use and determine factors associated with use in this population...
- Estimating background rates of Guillain-Barré Syndrome in Ontario in order to respond to safety concerns during pandemic H1N1/09 immunization campaignShelley L Deeks
Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Public Health 11:329. 2011..The number of influenza-associated GBS cases was also determined...
- Approaches to immunization data collection employed across Canada during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination campaignChristine L Heidebrecht
Surveillance and Epidemiology, Public Health Ontario, Toronto, ON
Can J Public Health 102:349-54. 2011..The objective of this study was to observe and characterize the range of influenza immunization data collection approaches used across Canada...
- Time and motion study to compare electronic and hybrid data collection systems during the pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination campaignSusan Quach
Surveillance and Epidemiology, Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Canada
Vaccine 29:1997-2003. 2011..Electronic registration and record keeping were faster than paper-based methods; these findings should be used to improve data collection for future influenza seasons...
- Perceptions of immunization information systems for collecting pandemic H1N1 immunization data within Canada's public health community: a qualitative studyChristine L Heidebrecht
Department of Surveillance and Epidemiology, Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Canada
BMC Public Health 10:523. 2010....
- Pan-Canadian assessment of pandemic immunization data collection: study methodologyJennifer A Pereira
Ontario Agency for Health Protection and Promotion, Toronto, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 10:51. 2010..This study's objective was to compare the efficiencies and perceptions of data collection methods employed during Canada's pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination campaign...
- A cost comparison of electronic and hybrid data collection systems in Ontario during pandemic and seasonal influenza vaccination campaignsJennifer A Pereira
Department of Surveillance and Epidemiology, Public Health Ontario, Toronto, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:210. 2011..The objective of our evaluation was to compare projected five-year costs associated with implementing these systems in Ontario public health units (PHUs) during pandemic and seasonal influenza vaccination campaigns...
- Seroprevalence of pandemic influenza H1N1 in Ontario from January 2009-May 2010Camille Achonu
Department of Surveillance and Epidemiology, Public Health Ontario, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e26427. 2011....