Richard Joel Wassersug
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- The sexuality and social performance of androgen-deprived (castrated) men throughout history: implications for modern day cancer patientsMichael William Aucoin
Dalhousie University Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Soc Sci Med 63:3162-73. 2006..The capabilities and accomplishments of eunuchs in the past gives patients on ADT grounds for viewing themselves in a positive light, where they are neither socially impotent nor sexually chaste...
- New age eunuchs: motivation and rationale for voluntary castrationRichard J Wassersug
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 33:433-42. 2004..Physicians need to be aware of these risks...
- The behavioral responses of amphibians and reptiles to microgravity on parabolic flightsRichard J Wassersug
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 1X5
Zoology (Jena) 108:107-20. 2005..The patterns of behavior seen in amphibians and reptiles in mug can be explained in light of their normal ecology and taxonomic relations...
- Modern-day eunuchs: motivations for and consequences of contemporary castrationRichard J Wassersug
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, 5850 College Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 1X5, Canada
Perspect Biol Med 50:544-56. 2007..Motivation, rather than physiology, appears to account for these different responses to androgen deprivation...
- Passing through the wall: on outings, exodus, angels, and the arkRichard Joel Wassersug
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Dalhousie University, Sir Charles Tupper Medical Building, 5850 College Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 1X5, Canada
J Relig Health 48:381-90. 2009..Appreciating this analogy can help prostate cancer patients accept and adapt to the changes they experience...
- The social context for psychological distress from iatrogenic gynecomastia with suggestions for its managementRichard J Wassersug
Dalhousie University Anatomy and Neurobiology, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Sex Med 6:989-1000. 2009..However, untreated gynecomastia can be physically uncomfortable and psychologically distressing. Shame from gynecomastia can lead patients to stop otherwise beneficial exercise...