L M Title
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Effect of folic acid and antioxidant vitamins on endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery diseaseL M Title
Division of Cardiology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:758-65. 2000..The purpose of this study was to determine whether lowering homocysteine levels with folic acid, with or without antioxidants, will improve endothelial dysfunction in patients with coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Oral glucose loading acutely attenuates endothelium-dependent vasodilation in healthy adults without diabetes: an effect prevented by vitamins C and EL M Title
Division of Cardiology, Laboratory Medicine at the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 36:2185-91. 2000....
- Relation of HFE gene mutations, high iron stores and early onset coronary artery diseaseB A Nassar
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can J Cardiol 14:215-20. 1998..To determine the impact of mutations in the HFE gene (human leukocyte antigen H) on predisposition to coronary artery disease (CAD) in patients not diagnosed with hereditary hemochromatosis...
- Role of the fractalkine receptor CX3CR1 polymorphisms V249I and T280M as risk factors for early-onset coronary artery disease in patients with no classic risk factorsB A Nassar
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 68:286-91. 2008..Two CX3CR1 mutations, V249I and T280M, reportedly decrease coronary artery disease (CAD) risk independent of established risk factors. An I249 protective effect is attributed to reducing CX3CR1 binding to fractalkine, its ligand...
- Is coronary angioplasty safe in the elderly?H K Beydoun
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Canada
Can J Cardiol 17:401-6. 2001..To evaluate the use of percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA) and the immediate procedural outcomes in the elderly at a tertiary care centre...
- Relationship of the Glu298Asp polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and early-onset coronary artery diseaseB A Nassar
Department of Pathology, Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am Heart J 142:586-9. 2001..If this mutation confers an increased risk of premature CAD, we hypothesized that the frequency of the homozygous mutation (Asp298Asp298) would be greater among the younger patient group...
- Optimal electrocardiographic leads for detecting acute myocardial ischemiaB M Horacek
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine of Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Electrocardiol 34:97-111. 2001....