R Mark Sadler
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Prescience as an aura of temporal lobe epilepsyR Mark Sadler
QEII Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Epilepsia 45:982-4. 2004..A patient with a distinct aura of prescience as a manifestation of temporal lobe epilepsy was encountered. The experience prompted a review of this ictal phenomenon among patients attending a tertiary care epilepsy outpatient clinic...
- Neurocardiogenic syncope: frequency and consequences of its misdiagnosis as epilepsyColin B Josephson
Neuroelectrodiagnostic Unit, Capital Health Authority, Halifax, NS, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 34:221-4. 2007..Neurocardiogenic syncope (NCS) can be mistaken as a seizure. We reviewed the frequency and diagnostic consequences of this misdiagnosis...
- Depiction of seizure first aid management in medical television dramasAndrew D Moeller
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 38:723-7. 2011..The objective of this study was to investigate whether medical television dramas portray proper seizure first aid...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of standard vs selective temporal lobe epilepsy surgeryColin B Josephson
Department of Medicine, Division of Neurology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Neurology 80:1669-76. 2013..To compare standard anterior temporal lobectomy (ATL) with selective amygdalohippocampectomy (SAH) for postoperative seizure control in temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE)...
- Failure of surgery for temporal lobe epilepsy: a review of selected aspectsR Mark Sadler
Department of Medicine Neurology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Adv Neurol 97:97-104. 2006
- The syndrome of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis: clinical features and differential diagnosisR Mark Sadler
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Adv Neurol 97:27-37. 2006
- Lamotrigine-valproic acid combination therapy for medically refractory epilepsyJeremy J Moeller
Department of Medicine, Division of Neurology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Epilepsia 50:475-9. 2009..A retrospective study of lamotrigine (LTG)-valproic acid (VPA) combination therapy in medically refractory epilepsy...
- Spatial MEG laterality maps for language: clinical applications in epilepsyRyan C N D'Arcy
Institute for Biodiagnostics Atlantic, National Research Council, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Hum Brain Mapp 34:1749-60. 2013..We argue that the laterality concept is better presented with the inherent spatial sensitivity of activation maps, rather than being collapsed into a one-dimensional index...
- Quality of life and memory after vagus nerve stimulator implantation for epilepsyJeannette McGlone
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 35:287-96. 2008..This prospective, case control study evaluates quality of life (QOL), depressive affect, and memory outcomes of epilepsy patients implanted with a vagus nerve stimulator (VNS)...
- Transient visual loss, lower extremity monoparesis, and sudden sharp headaches precipitated by long car tripsRandolph W Evans
Division of Neurology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Headache 45:948-50. 2005