Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Outcome after ovarian/adnexal metastectomy in metastatic colorectal carcinomaD Rayson
QEII Health Sciences Centre, NSCC, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Surg Oncol 75:186-92. 2000..Patients and Methods A computerized search of the medical record archive at the London Regional Cancer Centre (LRCC) identified 38 patients with metastatic colorectal cancer who underwent ovarian metastectomy between 1984-98...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for women with young children: our patients as parentsDaniel Rayson
Division of Medical Oncology, Dalhousie University, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Center, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 21:114s-116s; discussion 116s. 2003
- How do surgeons decide to refer patients for adjuvant cancer treatment? Protocol for a qualitative studyRobin Urquhart
Cancer Outcomes Research Program, Cancer Care Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Implement Sci 7:102. 2012..This study will use qualitative methods to examine decision-making processes related to referral to oncology services for individuals diagnosed with potentially curable non-small cell lung, breast, or colorectal cancer...
- Primary G-CSF prophylaxis for adjuvant TC or FEC-D chemotherapy outside of clinical trial settings: a systematic review and meta-analysisTallal Younis
Atlantic Clinical Cancer Research Unit, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Support Care Cancer 20:2523-30. 2012....
- Comparison of clinical-pathologic characteristics and outcomes of true interval and screen-detected invasive breast cancer among participants of a Canadian breast screening program: a nested case-control studyDaniel Rayson
Division of Medical Oncology, and Atlanta Clinical Cancer Research Unit, QEII Health Sciences Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clin Breast Cancer 11:27-32. 2011....
- Survivin and COX-2 expression in male breast carcinomaTallal Younis
Department of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Bethune Building, Halifax, NS B3H 2Y9, Canada
Breast 18:228-32. 2009..Additional studies are needed to further elucidate the correlation between cytoplasmic survivin, COX-2 and ITA expression in Male BC considering their potential therapeutic implications...
- Routine cardiac evaluation in patients with early-stage breast cancer before adjuvant chemotherapyAlwin Jeyakumar
Department of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Clin Breast Cancer 12:4-9. 2012....
- Waiting times in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Nathalie Saint-Jacques
Surveillance and Epidemiology Unit, Cancer Care Nova Scotia, Halifax, NS, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 3:865-70. 2008....
- Loss of expression of DNA mismatch repair proteins is rare in pancreatic and small intestinal neuroendocrine tumorsThomas Arnason
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:1539-44. 2011..Loss of expression of DNA mismatch repair (MMR) proteins, which is known to correlate strongly with MSI, is not well studied in pancreatic or small intestinal NETs...
- Improving nodal harvest in colorectal cancer: so what?Geoffrey A Porter
Department of Surgery, QEII Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1066-73. 2012..The goal of this current study is to evaluate the impact of improved adequate nodal harvest on 3 relevant clinical outcomes: node positivity rate, use of adjuvant chemotherapy, and survival...
- Cost-utility of the 21-gene recurrence score assay in node-negative and node-positive breast cancerNathan W D Lamond
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, 454 Bethune Building 1276 South Park Street, Halifax NS, B3H 2Y9, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:1115-23. 2012..RS-guided adjuvant therapy appears to be a cost-effective strategy in both N- and N+, endocrine-sensitive breast cancer with resultant CU ratios well below commonly quoted thresholds...
- Predicting benefit from fulvestrant in pretreated metastatic breast cancer patientsOrit Freedman
Division of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Suite 5 205, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 2M9, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 118:377-83. 2009..70 (95% CI 0.60-0.80). This model was able to identify risk information that could be helpful in assessing which patients would most likely benefit from fulvestrant as an intervention with the objective being a delay in chemotherapy...
- The cost-utility of sequential adjuvant trastuzumab in women with Her2/Neu-positive breast cancer: an analysis based on updated results from the HERA TrialChris Skedgel
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Value Health 12:641-8. 2009..Based on these updated results, we estimated the cost-utility (CU) of sequential aTZ relative to chemotherapy alone in terms of incremental cost per quality-adjusted life-year (QALY) gained...
- Comparison of elapsed times from breast cancer detection to first adjuvant therapy in Nova Scotia in 1999/2000 and 2003/04Daniel Rayson
Faculty of Medicine, Dalhousie University, and Cancer Care Program, Capital District Health Authority, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 176:327-32. 2007....
- Adherence to clinical practice guidelines for adjuvant chemotherapy for colorectal cancer in a Canadian province: a population-based analysisDaniel Rayson
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Oncol Pract 8:253-9. 2012....
- Identifying patients at high risk for neutropenic complications during chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer with doxorubicin or pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: the development of a prediction modelGeorge Dranitsaris
Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Clin Oncol 31:369-74. 2008..To develop a cycle-based risk prediction model for neutropenic complications (NC) during chemotherapy with doxorubicin (DOX) or a pegylated liposomal formulation (PLD) for patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer: a cost-utility analysis of FEC-D vs. FEC 100Tallal Younis
Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 111:261-7. 2008..An economic evaluation was undertaken to examine the cost-utility (CU) of FEC-D relative to FEC 100 given possible differences in cost between the two regimens...
- Gendered and cultured relations: exploring African Nova Scotians' perceptions and experiences of breast and prostate cancerJoan Evans
Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Res Theory Nurs Pract 19:257-73. 2005....
- Clinical and pathological correlations in male breast cancer: intratumoral aromatase expression via tissue microarrayKelly Dakin Haché
Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, 7th Floor, Mackenzie Building, 5788 University Avenue, Halifax, NS, Canada, B3H 1V8
Breast Cancer Res Treat 105:169-75. 2007..The log-rank test was used for survival comparisons and Kaplan-Meyer curves were used to estimate 3- and 5-year progression-free and overall survival probabilities...
- Flat epithelial atypia on breast needle core biopsy: a retrospective study with clinical-pathological correlationTsu Yee Joseph Lee
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Breast J 16:377-83. 2010..A conservative excision is warranted following a NCB diagnosis of FEA and ADH, and may be warranted for FEA alone...
- Compression garments versus compression bandaging in decongestive lymphatic therapy for breast cancer-related lymphedema: a randomized controlled trialMyrna King
Occupational Therapy, Capital District Health Authority, NS Rehabilitation Center, 1341 Summer Street, Halifax, NS, B3H 4KY, Canada
Support Care Cancer 20:1031-6. 2012..We conducted a randomized trial of two forms of compression therapy within the initial treatment phase of a DLT protocol for breast cancer-related lymphedema...
- Transitions to palliation: two solitudes or inevitable integration?Daniel Rayson
Division of Medical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 2Y9
Curr Oncol Rep 9:285-9. 2007..Recent evidence outlining evolving issues surrounding this transition in care is reviewed, emphasizing the need for rigorous research efforts to define best practices and interventions...
- Immunohistochemical expression and prognostic value of ER, PR and HER2/neu in pancreatic and small intestinal neuroendocrine tumorsThomas Arnason
Division of Anatomical Pathology, Department of Medicine, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre and Dalhousie University, Halifax, N S, Canada
Neuroendocrinology 93:249-58. 2011..There is conflicting information regarding HER2/neu protein overexpression in GINETs. Investigation of ER, PR and HER2/neu expression in GINETs is therefore warranted...
- Elapsed time from breast cancer detection to first adjuvant therapy in a Canadian province, 1999-2000Daniel Rayson
Division of Medical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 170:957-61. 2004....
- Exercise and cancer: no pain, some gain?Daniel Rayson
J Clin Oncol 21:1651-2. 2003
- Hereditary breast cancer: shared communication and careDaniel Rayson
J Clin Oncol 21:4660; author reply 4660. 2003
- The development of a predictive model to estimate cardiotoxic risk for patients with metastatic breast cancer receiving anthracyclinesGeorge Dranitsaris
Breast Cancer Res Treat 107:443-50. 2008....
- The decision-making experience among women diagnosed with stage I and II breast cancerBrenda Sabo
Dalhousie University School of Nursing, 5869 University Avenue, B3H 3J5 Halifax, NS, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 102:51-9. 2007..Further research involving cohorts of women diagnosed with more advanced disease and for whom decisional regret may be greater, is needed to further explore the link between preferred decision-making role and satisfaction...
- Metastatic breast cancer: the role of pegylated liposomal doxorubicin after conventional anthracyclinesShailendra Verma
Ottawa Hospital Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Road, Box 914, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L6
Cancer Treat Rev 34:391-406. 2008....