John C LeBlanc
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Coxiella burnetii seropositivity in parturient women is associated with adverse pregnancy outcomesJoanne M Langley
Izaak Walton Killam Health Centre, Departments of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:228-32. 2003..We conducted a cohort study of parturient women in an area with endemic Q fever infection to determine whether those seropositive for Coxiella burnetii had evidence of adverse birth outcomes...
- Risperidone reduces aggression in boys with a disruptive behaviour disorder and below average intelligence quotient: analysis of two placebo-controlled randomized trialsJohn C LeBlanc
Department of Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Community Health and Epidemiology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:275-83. 2005..6; mean endpoint AS 8.3; 21.7% reduction). Risperidone was efficacious in reducing symptoms of aggression in boys of below average IQ with disruptive behaviour disorders...
- Racemic epinephrine compared to salbutamol in hospitalized young children with bronchiolitis; a randomized controlled clinical trial [ISRCTN46561076]Joanne M Langley
Clinical Trials Research Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
BMC Pediatr 5:7. 2005..Trials of racemic epinephrine have shown conflicting results. We sought to determine if administration of racemic epinephrine during hospital stay for bronchiolitis improved respiratory distress, was safe, and shortened length of stay...
- Home safety measures and the risk of unintentional injury among young children: a multicentre case-control studyJohn C LeBlanc
IWK Health Centre and the Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 175:883-7. 2006....
- Increasing incidence of hospitalization for bronchiolitis among Canadian children, 1980-2000Joanne M Langley
Clinical Trials Research Centre, IWK Health Centre, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Infect Dis 188:1764-7. 2003....
- Use of school-based health centres for mental health support in Cape Breton, Nova ScotiaMagdalena Szumilas
Dalhousie University and IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can J Psychiatry 55:319-28. 2010..To determine whether students with self-reported needs for mental health support used school-based health centres (SBHCs) for this purpose...
- Examining school health center utilization as a function of mood disturbance and mental health difficultiesDarcy A Santor
Department of Psychology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Adolesc Health 39:729-35. 2006..We examined the presence and severity of mood disturbance and mental health difficulties as predictors of students' utilization of school health centers...
- Risk factors predisposing to pedestrian road traffic injury in children living in Lima, Peru: a case-control studyJeffrey M Pernica
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Arch Dis Child 97:709-13. 2012..To describe the epidemiology of pedestrian road traffic injury in Lima and to identify associated child-level, family-level, and school travel-related variables...
- Discrepancies between knowledge and practice of childhood motor vehicle occupant safety in Nova Scotia--a population-based studyNatalie L Yanchar
Division of Pediatric General Surgery, IWK Health Centre, 5850 University Avenue, Halifax, NS, Canada B3 J 3G9
Accid Anal Prev 45:326-33. 2012..To determine discrepancies between knowledge and practice of childhood motor vehicle restraints (CMVRs) and vehicle seating position amongst parents within the province of Nova Scotia...
- Effect of legislation on the use of bicycle helmetsJohn C LeBlanc
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
CMAJ 166:592-5. 2002..We measured compliance before, during and after 1997, when legislation making the use of helmets mandatory for cyclists was enacted in Nova Scotia...
- Screening for adolescent depression: comparison of the Kutcher Adolescent Depression Scale with the Beck depression inventoryJohn C LeBlanc
Department of Psychiatry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 12:113-26. 2002..The six-item KADS may prove to be an efficient and effective means of ruling out MDE in adolescents...
- Online health promotion, early identification of difficulties, and help seeking in young peopleDarcy A Santor
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 46:50-9. 2007..To examine the use and impact of a dedicated health information Web site for adolescents...
- The development of physical aggression from toddlerhood to pre-adolescence: a nation wide longitudinal study of Canadian childrenSylvana M Côté
School of Psychoeducation, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Abnorm Child Psychol 34:71-85. 2006..Family risks traditionally found to be associated with antisocial behaviors during adolescence appear to interfere with the socialization of PA during early and middle childhood...