S F L Kirk
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Health behaviours and health-care utilization in Canadian schoolchildrenSara F L Kirk
School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 3E2
Public Health Nutr 16:358-64. 2013..The objective of the present study was to determine whether children who reported healthier behaviours, specifically in relation to nutrition and physical activity, also had lower health-care utilization...
- Lessons learned from the implementation of a provincial breastfeeding policy in Nova Scotia, Canada and the implications for childhood obesity preventionSara F L Kirk
Applied Research Collaborations for Health, School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS B3H 4R2, Canada
Int J Environ Res Public Health 9:1308-18. 2012..Finally, promotion of breastfeeding offers a population-based strategy for addressing the childhood obesity epidemic and should form a core component of any broader strategies or policies for childhood obesity prevention...
- Effective weight management practice: a review of the lifestyle intervention evidenceS F L Kirk
Applied Research Collaborations for Health, School of Health Administration, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 36:178-85. 2012....
- Weight management experiences of overweight and obese Canadian adults: findings from a national surveyS F Kirk
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Chronic Dis Inj Can 32:63-9. 2012....
- Health care utilization from prevalent medical conditions in normal-weight, overweight, and obese childrenSara F L Kirk
School of Health and Human Performance, Dalhousie University and IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Pediatr 160:216-221.e1. 2012..To explore the commonly recorded diagnoses in overweight and obese children presenting to a clinical care setting compared with their normal-weight peers...
- Comparison of ICD code-based diagnosis of obesity with measured obesity in children and the implications for health care cost estimatesStefan Kuhle
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, 650 University Terrace, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2T4, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 11:173. 2011..The objective of the current study was to investigate the sensitivity and specificity of an ICD code-based diagnosis of obesity from administrative health data relative to the gold standard measured BMI...
- Characterizing the obesogenic environment: the state of the evidence with directions for future researchS F L Kirk
Applied Research Collaborations for Health, School of Health Administration, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Obes Rev 11:109-17. 2010....
- The state of obesity management for women giving birth in Atlantic CanadaSara F L Kirk
Canada Research Chair in Health Services Research, Applied Research Collaborations for Health ARCH, School of Health Administration, Dalhousie University, 1318 Robie Street, Halifax B3H 3E2, NS, Canada
Matern Child Health J 14:453-8. 2010..Clinical, delivery, or equipment-related challenges and the state of existing or planned policies or guidelines specific to this high-risk population were also sought...
- BMI: a vital sign for patients and health professionalsSara F L Kirk
School of Health Administration, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can Nurse 105:25-8. 2009..Promoting the routine calculation of BMI on admission or initial assessment may encourage health-care professionals to become more aware of obesity and its impact on the patient and the health system...