Richard I Hall
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- Drug shortages in Canadian anesthesia: a national surveyRichard Hall
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesiology, Dalhousie University and the Capital District Health Authority, Room 5452 Halifax Infirmary, 1796 Summer Street, Halifax, NS B3H 3A7, Canada
Can J Anaesth 60:539-51. 2013..Canadian physicians are faced with an increasing frequency of drug shortages. We hypothesized that drug shortages have a clinical impact on anesthesia care in Canada...
- Early drotrecogin alpha (activated) administration in severe sepsis is associated with lower mortality: a retrospective analysis of the Canadian ENHANCE cohortRichard V Hodder
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Ottawa, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Crit Care 13:R78. 2009..In particular, in the dynamic setting of severe sepsis, we postulated that changes in markers reflecting evolving rather than baseline clinical status might guide therapy...
- Serum S-100beta protein and postoperative neurological dysfunction--ready for prime time?Richard I Hall
Department of Anesthesia, Halifax Infirmary, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, 1796 Summer Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3A7, Canada
Can J Anaesth 51:645-8. 2004
- Publication bias in the medical literature: a review by a Canadian Research Ethics BoardRichard Hall
Dalhousie University and the Capital District Health Authority, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Can J Anaesth 54:380-8. 2007..Because of a heightened awareness of the issue, we hypothesized that there would be less publication bias (a failure to report negative results) and a higher publication rate from completed studies, than previously reported...
- Cardiopulmonary bypass and the systemic inflammatory response: effects on drug actionRichard I Hall
Departments of Anesthesia, Pharmacology, and Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:83-98. 2002
- Con: atrial arrhythmia prophylaxis is not required for cardiac surgeryJean Francois Legare
Departments of Cardiovascular Surgery, Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Surgery, Dalhousie University and the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 16:118-21. 2002
- The role of recombinant factor VIIa in on-pump cardiac surgery: proceedings of the Canadian Consensus ConferenceKeyvan Karkouti
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Department of Anesthesia, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Anaesth 54:573-82. 2007..A Canadian Consensus Conference was convened to generate recommendations for rFVIIa use in on-pump cardiac surgery...
- Sedation for critically ill adults with severe traumatic brain injury: a systematic review of randomized controlled trialsDerek J Roberts
Department of Surgery, University of Calgary and the Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Crit Care Med 39:2743-51. 2011....
- The utility of hemoglobin based oxygen carriers (HBOC)--can animal studies help?Richard I Hall
Can J Anaesth 52:895-8. 2005