Arunika H L A N Gunawardena
Affiliation: Dalhousie University
- The pathway of cell dismantling during programmed cell death in lace plant (Aponogeton madagascariensis) leavesJaime Wertman
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, 1355, Oxford Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 12:115. 2012..This gradient was examined using both long- and short-term live cell imaging, in addition to histochemical staining, in order to establish the order of cellular events that occur during PCD...
- Programmed cell death and tissue remodelling in plantsArunika H L A N Gunawardena
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4J1
J Exp Bot 59:445-51. 2008..The potential role of ethylene and caspase-like activity in developmentally regulated PCD in the lace plant is currently under investigation, with preliminary results indicating that both may play a role in the cell death pathway...
- Unveiling interactions among mitochondria, caspase-like proteases, and the actin cytoskeleton during plant programmed cell death (PCD)Christina E N Lord
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e57110. 2013..Overall, our findings suggest the mitochondria as a possible upstream activator of YVADase activity and implicate these proteases as potential initiators of actin breakdown during perforation formation via PCD in the lace plant...
- Do mitochondria play a role in remodelling lace plant leaves during programmed cell death?Christina E N Lord
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, 1355 Oxford Street, Halifax, B3H 4R2, Canada
BMC Plant Biol 11:102. 2011..The role of mitochondria during PCD has been recognized in animals; however, it has been less studied during PCD in plants...
- The lace plant: a novel model system to study plant proteases during developmental programmed cell death in vivoChristina E N Lord
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4R2, Canada
Physiol Plant 145:114-20. 2012..In this review, we report the suitability of the lace plant as a novel organism to study proteases in vivo during developmentally regulated cell death...
- Programmed cell death in C. elegans, mammals and plantsChristina E N Lord
Dalhousie University, Department of Biology, 1355 Oxford Street Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3H 4R2 Canada
Eur J Cell Biol 91:603-13. 2012..This manuscript adds to the field of PCD in plant systems by profiling apoptotic factors, to scale on a protein level, and also by filling in gaps detailing plant apoptotic factors not yet amalgamated within the literature...
- Environmentally induced programmed cell death in leaf protoplasts of Aponogeton madagascariensisChristina E N Lord
Department of Biology, Dalhousie University, 1355 Oxford Street, Halifax, NS B3H4J1, Canada
Planta 233:407-21. 2011....
- Programmed cell death remodels lace plant leaf shape during developmentArunika H L A N Gunawardena
Department of Botany, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A1
Plant Cell 16:60-73. 2004....
- Programmed cell death and leaf morphogenesis in Monstera obliqua (Araceae)Arunika H L A N Gunawardena
Department of Botany, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, M5S 1A1, Canada
Planta 221:607-18. 2005....