Affiliation: Cross Cancer Institute
- A multicenter open-label study to assess the safety of a new formulation of BLP25 liposome vaccine in patients with unresectable stage III non-small-cell lung cancerCharles Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Clin Lung Cancer 11:391-5. 2010..This open-label phase II study was conducted to evaluate the safety of the new formulation in patients with unresectable stage IIIA/IIIB NSCLC...
- Randomized phase IIB trial of BLP25 liposome vaccine in stage IIIB and IV non-small-cell lung cancerCharles Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1Z2, Canada
J Clin Oncol 23:6674-81. 2005..Secondary objectives included health-related quality of life (QOL) and immune responses elicited by L-BLP25...
- An international, multicenter, randomized phase III study of first-line erlotinib followed by second-line cisplatin/gemcitabine versus first-line cisplatin/gemcitabine followed by second-line erlotinib in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: treatment ratCesare Gridelli
Division of Medical Oncology, SG Moscati Hospital, Avellino, Italy
Clin Lung Cancer 9:235-8. 2008..The study design is based on a noninferiority survival comparison with about 900 patients expected to be recruited. An early analysis of activity will be performed in the experimental arm (first-line erlotinib followed by chemotherapy)...
- A phase II experience with neoadjuvant irinotecan (CPT-11), 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV) for colorectal liver metastasesOliver F Bathe
Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
BMC Cancer 9:156. 2009..Neoadjuvant chemotherapy may help identify patients with occult extrahepatic disease (averting unnecessary metastasectomy), and it provides in vivo chemosensitivity data...
- Phase II study of neoadjuvant 5-FU + leucovorin + CPT-11 in patients with resectable liver metastases from colorectal adenocarcinomaOliver F Bathe
Department of Surgery, University of Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Cancer 4:32. 2004..Response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy could therefore guide adjuvant chemotherapy following resection of liver metastases from colorectal cancer...
- Randomized phase II study of gemcitabine plus cisplatin or carboplatin [corrected], with or without cetuximab, as first-line therapy for patients with advanced or metastatic non small-cell lung cancerCharles A Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Ave, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:5777-84. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of cetuximab added to first-line gemcitabine/platinum in chemotherapy-naïve patients with advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Randomized phase III trial of vinorelbine plus cisplatin compared with observation in completely resected stage IB and II non-small-cell lung cancer: updated survival analysis of JBR-10Charles A Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Ave, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 1Z2
J Clin Oncol 28:29-34. 2010..10 trial continues to show a benefit in survival for adjuvant chemotherapy. This benefit appears to be confined to N1 patients. There was no increase in death from other causes in the chemotherapy arm...
- Clinical trial of post-chemotherapy consolidation thoracic radiotherapy for extensive-stage small cell lung cancerDon Yee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Radiother Oncol 102:234-8. 2012..To define the rate of development of symptomatic chest failures in extensive stage small cell lung cancer (ES-SCLC) after undergoing post-chemotherapy chest radiotherapy (RT)...
- Updated survival analysis in patients with stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer receiving BLP25 liposome vaccine (L-BLP25): phase IIB randomized, multicenter, open-label trialCharles Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2, Canada
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 137:1337-42. 2011..To present an updated survival analysis of an open-label, parallel-group, phase IIB trial of BLP25 liposome vaccine (L-BLP25) in patients with stage IIIB or IV non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Phase I dose escalation trial of hypofractionated limited-field external beam thoracic radiotherapy for limited-stage small cell carcinoma of the lungDon Yee
Division of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alta, Canada
Radiother Oncol 96:78-83. 2010..To define the maximal tolerated dose of hypofractionated thoracic radiotherapy given with concurrent chemotherapy for limited-stage small cell lung cancer...
- Class III beta-tubulin expression and benefit from adjuvant cisplatin/vinorelbine chemotherapy in operable non-small cell lung cancer: analysis of NCIC JBR.10Pascal Seve
Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:994-9. 2007..We sought to determine the effect of bTubIII on patient outcome and benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy in the JBR.10 trial...
- Phase I study of hypofractionated dose-escalated thoracic radiotherapy for limited-stage small-cell lung cancerDon Yee
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 65:466-73. 2006..To determine the maximal tolerated dose of hypofractionated thoracic radiotherapy with concurrent chemotherapy for limited-stage small-cell lung cancer patients...
- Uptake and tolerance of adjuvant chemotherapy in early stage NSCLC patients in Alberta, CanadaMarcy Winget
Cancer Care, Alberta Health Services, 10123 99 Street, Suite 1500, Edmonton, Alberta, T5J 3H1 Canada
Lung Cancer 72:52-8. 2011..Efforts to improve uptake of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with stage II NSCLC should be made as the survival advantage appears to be comparable to that found in clinical trials...
- Predictors of surgery and consult with an oncologist for adjuvant chemotherapy in early stage NSCLC patients in Alberta, CanadaMarcy Winget
Medical Affairs and Community Oncology Alberta Cancer Board, Alberta, Canada
J Thorac Oncol 4:629-34. 2009....
- Tecemotide (L-BLP25) versus placebo after chemoradiotherapy for stage III non-small-cell lung cancer (START): a randomised, double-blind, phase 3 trialCharles Butts
Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, AB, Canada Electronic address
Lancet Oncol 15:59-68. 2014..Our aim was to investigate whether the MUC1 antigen-specific cancer immunotherapy tecemotide improves survival in patients with stage III unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer when given as maintenance therapy after chemoradiation...
- Timeliness of cancer care from diagnosis to treatment: a comparison between patients with breast, colon, rectal or lung cancerXue Li
Cancer Care, Alberta Health Services, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Int J Qual Health Care 25:197-204. 2013....
- L-BLP25: a peptide vaccine strategy in non small cell lung cancerRandeep Sangha
Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:s4652-4. 2007..These promising results will be tested in a phase III trial of L-BLP25 versus placebo in patients with stage III non-small cell lung cancer after response to primary chemoradiotherapy...
- Vaccination with BLP25 liposome vaccine to treat non-small cell lung and prostate cancersScott North
Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 1Z2, Canada
Expert Rev Vaccines 4:249-57. 2005..These clinically meaningful results with a relatively nontoxic therapeutic vaccine are very encouraging and suggest potential for L-BLP25 to fulfill an unmet medical need...
- Gefitinib versus placebo in completely resected non-small-cell lung cancer: results of the NCIC CTG BR19 studyGlenwood D Goss
Glenwood D Goss and Ian Lorimer, Ottawa Hospital Cancer Center, University of Ottawa, Ottawa Chris O Callaghan and Keyue Ding, NCIC CTG, Queens University, Kingston Ming Sound Tsao and Frances A Shepherd, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto Jonathan Noble, Northeast Cancer Center, Sudbury, Ontario Charles Butts, Cross Cancer Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Gregory A Masters, Christiana Care s Helen F Graham Cancer Center, Newark, DE James Jett, National Jewish Health, Division of Oncology, Denver, CO Martin J Edelman, Greenebaum Cancer Center, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD Rogerio Lilenbaum, Smilow Cancer Hospital, Yale Cancer Center, New Haven, CT Hak Choy, Kemp Kernstine, and Joan Schiller, The University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas Katherine Pisters, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Germany
J Clin Oncol 31:3320-6. 2013..This phase III study assessed the impact of postoperative adjuvant gefitinib on overall survival (OS)...
- Development of a new equation to estimate creatinine clearance in cancer patientsMichael P Chu
Department of Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T6G 1Z2, Canada
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 76:117-24. 2015..Considering that SCr is derived from skeletal muscle, this study prospectively developed a new eCrCl equation in cancer patients using CT-defined muscle surface area (MSA) and evaluated its utility in a separate, retrospective series...
- Uptake and tolerance of chemotherapy in elderly patients with small cell lung cancer and impact on survivalStacey Fisher
School of Public Health, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 1C9
J Cancer Epidemiol 2012:708936. 2012....
- Results of a phase I study to dose escalate using intensity modulated radiotherapy guided by combined PET/CT imaging with induction chemotherapy for patients with non-small cell lung cancerCaroline L Holloway
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, 11560 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alta, Canada T6G 1Z2
Radiother Oncol 73:285-7. 2004..One patient developed a grade 5 pneumonitis and the study was halted at 84 Gy in 35 fractions...
- Phase II study of vandetanib or placebo in small-cell lung cancer patients after complete or partial response to induction chemotherapy with or without radiation therapy: National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group Study BR.20Andrew M Arnold
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:4278-84. 2007..This double-blind randomized phase II trial examined whether vandetanib, an inhibitor of vascular endothelial and epidermal growth factor receptors, could prolong progression-free survival in responding patients with small-cell lung cancer...
- Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancerTimothy Winton
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ont
N Engl J Med 352:2589-97. 2005..We undertook to determine whether adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin prolongs overall survival among patients with completely resected early-stage non-small-cell lung cancer...
- Community compliance with carcinoembryonic antigen: follow-up of patients with colorectal cancerJennifer L Spratlin
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Alberta, Canada
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:118-25. 2008....
- Novel agents in the treatment of lung cancer: Fourth Cambridge ConferenceThomas J Lynch
Division of Hematology Oncology, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Yawkey, 7th Floor, Suite 7601, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:s4583-8. 2007....
- XELOX (capecitabine plus oxaliplatin): active first-line therapy for patients with metastatic colorectal cancerJim Cassidy
CRC Department of Oncology, University of Glasgow, Garscube Estate, Bearsden, Glasgow G61 1DB, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 22:2084-91. 2004..The present studies further characterize efficacy and safety of the XELOX regimen...