Affiliation: Cross Cancer Institute
- Upfront double high-dose chemotherapy with DICEP followed by BEAM and autologous stem cell transplantation for poor-prognosis aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphomaDouglas A Stewart
Department of Medicine, Foothills Medical Centre, University of Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 4N2
Blood 107:4623-7. 2006..In conclusion, CHOP-DICEP-BEAM is feasible and gave encouraging EFS and OS for patients with poor-prognosis aggressive NHL...
- High-dose mitoxantrone-vinblastine-cyclophosphamide and autologous stem cell transplantation for stage III breast cancer: final results of a prospective multicentre studyD A Stewart
Department of Medical Oncology, University of Calgary, Canada
Ann Oncol 16:1463-8. 2005..High-dose alkylator chemotherapy does not further improve outcome. This phase II study evaluated a novel high-dose chemotherapy regimen which combined active breast cancer agents with differing mechanisms of action...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of plerixafor in patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma and multiple myelomaDouglas A Stewart
Department of Oncology and Medicine, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:39-46. 2009..Plerixafor was safe and effective in mobilizing CD34(+) cells for transplantation...
- pY-STAT3 and p53 expression predict outcome for poor prognosis diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with high dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantationDouglas A Stewart
Department of Oncology and Medicine, University of Calgary and Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, AB, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1276-82. 2009..0002). In conclusion, pY-STAT3 and p53 expression may help predict outcome of HDCT for DLBCL, and further study of these biomarkers is warranted...
- Double high-dose therapy with dose-intensive cyclophosphamide, etoposide, cisplatin (DICEP) followed by high-dose melphalan and autologous stem cell transplantation for relapsed/refractory Hodgkin lymphomaMona Shafey
Department of Oncology, Tom Baker Cancer Centre and University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 53:596-602. 2012..In conclusion, DICEP-HDM/ASCT is well tolerated double high-dose therapy associated with excellent stem cell mobilization and favorable PFS and OS outcomes for relapsed as well as primary refractory HL...
- In pursuit of an artful death: discussion of resuscitation status on an inpatient radiation oncology serviceAlysa Fairchild
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cross Cancer Institute, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 1Z2
Support Care Cancer 13:842-9. 2005..We performed a quality assurance investigation on the use of the 'do-not-resuscitate' (DNR) order on an inpatient radiation oncology service to determine how often DNR orders are accompanied by a description of informed consent...
- Electronic compensation using multileaf collimation for involved field radiation to the neck and mediastinum in non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and Hodgkin's lymphomaShelly MacDonald
Department of Medical Physics, Tom Baker Cancer Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Dosim 30:59-64. 2005..Thermoluminescent dosimeters (TLDs) have verified point-dose uniformity noticeably to +/- 5%. An efficient technique using forward planning for simple IMRT consisting of static MLC and asymmetric jaws has been developed...