- The problem of protocol driven costs in pharmacoeconomic analysisD Coyle
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Research Institute, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 14:357-63. 1998..Future studies conducted alongside RCTs should explicitly address how the issue of protocol driven costs was handled within the study framework...
- Cost effectiveness of epoetin-alpha to augment preoperative autologous blood donation in elective cardiac surgeryD Coyle
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Health Research Institute, Ottawa Hospital, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 18:161-71. 2000..The objective of this study was to assess the cost effectiveness of using epoetin-alpha (erythropoietin) to augment preoperative autologous donation (PAD) of blood prior to elective cardiac surgery...
- Issues of consensus and debate for economic evaluation in rheumatologyD Coyle
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Loeb Health Research Institute, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 28:642-7. 2001..Consensus regarding the disease-specific clinical variables is crucial to standardizing analysis and facilitating comparisons within clinical scenarios...
- Cost effectiveness of nasal calcitonin in postmenopausal women: use of Cochrane Collaboration methods for meta-analysis within economic evaluationD Coyle
Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacoeconomics 19:565-75. 2001..To assess the cost effectiveness of nasal calcitonin (Miacalcin) compared with no therapy, alendronate or etidronate in the treatment of postmenopausal women with previous osteoporotic fracture...
- The impact of risk on preference values: implications for evaluations of postmenopausal osteoporosis therapyD Coyle
Departments of Medicine and Epidemiology and Community Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Value Health 4:385-91. 2001..In this way, we were able to determine the incremental effect of changes in risks of each disease on preference values...
- Patient preference-based treatment thresholds and recommendations: a comparison of decision-analytic modeling with the probability-tradeoff techniqueM Man-Son-Hing
Geriatric Assessment Unit, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Med Decis Making 20:394-403. 2000....
- The psychometric properties of patient preferences in osteoporosisA Cranney
Department of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 28:132-7. 2001..The feeling thermometer and standard gamble appear to be related to different aspects of health related quality of life. Both instruments were sensitive to change over a 2 month period...
- Effects of aerobic exercise, resistance exercise or both, on patient-reported health status and well-being in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a randomised trialR D Reid
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Diabetologia 53:632-40. 2010..Here we report effects on patient-reported health status and well-being in the DARE Trial...
- The effectiveness of a home visit to prevent childhood injuryW J King
Department of Pediatrics and Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 108:382-8. 2001..We examined the effects of the program on 1) parental injury awareness and knowledge; 2) the extent that families used home safety measures; 3) the rate of injury; and 4) the cost effectiveness of the intervention...