- Assessing nurse-patient interactions from a caring perspective: report of the development and preliminary psychometric testing of the Caring Nurse--Patient Interactions ScaleSylvie Cossette
The Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, CP 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Que, Canada H3C 3J7
Int J Nurs Stud 42:673-86. 2005..Results of the contrasted group approach partially supported the hypotheses while all differences were in the expected direction. Results suggest that the scale has strong potential for use in research, clinical and educational settings...
- Evaluation of a nurse mentoring intervention to family caregivers in the management of delirium after cardiac surgery (MENTOR_D): a study protocol for a randomized controlled pilot trialTanya Mailhot
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, C, P, 6128 succ, Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Trials 15:306. 2014..It also explores the validity of a new and innovative measure that has potential as an indicator for delirium...
- A pilot randomized trial of a smoking cessation nursing intervention in cardiac patients after hospital dischargeSylvie Cossette
Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, R 2231, 5000, Bélanger Est, Montreal, QC H1T 1C8
Can J Cardiovasc Nurs 22:16-26. 2012..It was hypothesized that offering a post-discharge smoking cessation program to cardiac patients would decrease smoking rates at six months...
- Randomized controlled trial of tailored nursing interventions to improve cardiac rehabilitation enrollmentSylvie Cossette
University of Montreal, Canada
Nurs Res 61:111-20. 2012..After discharge, cardiac rehabilitation can decrease the recurrence of coronary events by up to 25%. However, it remains underused...
- A dimensional structure of nurse-patient interactions from a caring perspective: refinement of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Scale (CNPI-Short Scale)Sylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Adv Nurs 55:198-214. 2006..This paper reports the development of a short version of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Scale...
- The multidimensionality of caring: a confirmatory factor analysis of the Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction Short ScaleSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal and Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Cananda
J Adv Nurs 61:699-710. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to evaluate the construct validity of the four-dimensional Caring Nurse-Patient Interaction-Short Scale using confirmatory factor analysis...
- The systematic development of a nursing intervention aimed at increasing enrollment in cardiac rehabilitation for acute coronary syndrome patientsSylvie Cossette
Montreal Heart Institute Research Centre, 5000 Belanger Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 24:71-9. 2009..The intervention aims to increase enrollment in CR, and enhance illness perceptions and medication adherence, while decreasing anxiety, risk factors, and emergency revisits...
- The efficacy of a motivational nursing intervention based on the stages of change on self-care in heart failure patientsVeronique Paradis
University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Nurs 25:130-41. 2010..The goal of this pilot study was to evaluate the preliminary effect of an MISC intervention on HF patients' self-care behaviors...
- The importance of piloting an RCT interventionNancy Feeley
Centre for Nursing Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, School of Nursing, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Can J Nurs Res 41:85-99. 2009....
- The impact of a multidisciplinary information technology-supported program on blood pressure control in primary careStephane Rinfret
Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2:170-7. 2009..Effective programs to address this problem are lacking. We hypothesized that an information technology-supported management program could help improve blood pressure (BP) control...
- Nursing approaches to reducing psychological distress in men and women recovering from myocardial infarctionSylvie Cossette
Faculty of Nursing, University of Montreal, Canada
Int J Nurs Stud 39:479-94. 2002..There were also gender differences in the way directive and collaborative intervention approaches were related to changes in distress...
- [The Interuniversity Research Group in Nursing Sciences of Montreal: a added value for the advancement of scientific and clinical knowledge]Sylvie Cossette
Faculté des sciences infirmières de l Université de Montréal
Perspect Infirm 4:21-5. 2007
- GRISIM: a partnership in nursing researchSylvie Cossette
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 20:17-25. 2007