Affiliation: Correctional Service of Canada
- The Self-Appraisal Questionnaire: a self-report measure for predicting recidivism versus clinician-administered measures: a 5-year follow-up studyWagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
J Interpers Violence 18:781-97. 2003..Results indicated that the SAQ is at least as effective as the four other measures in predicting postrelease outcome. The advantages of using the SAQ as a self-report measure as opposed to clinician-administered measures are discussed...
- Concurrent cross-validation of the Self-Appraisal Questionnaire: a tool for assessing violent and nonviolent recidivism and institutional adjustment on a sample of North Carolina offendersWagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary, Correctional Service of Canada
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 48:85-95. 2004..These results support previous findings regarding the reliability and validity of the SAQ for assessing recidivism and institutional adjustment and suggest that the SAQ could be used with diverse populations...
- Invalidity of "disconfirmation of the predictive validity of the self-appraisal questionnaire in a sample of high-risk drug offenders" (2006): a replyGurmeet K Dhaliwal
Kingston Penitentiary, Correctional Service, Canada
J Interpers Violence 22:1077-89. 2007
- The myth of offenders' deception on self-report measure predicting recidivism: example from the Self-Appraisal Questionnaire (SAQ)Wagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary and Queen s University, Canada
J Interpers Violence 22:671-83. 2007..Results from both studies reaffirmed previous findings that the SAQ is not vulnerable to deception, lying, and self-presentation biases...
- Predictive validity of the Violence Risk Appraisal Guide: a tool for assessing violent offender's recidivismWagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary, P O Box 22, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 4V7
Int J Law Psychiatry 25:85-92. 2002
- Predictive validity despite social desirability: evidence for the robustness of self-report among offendersJeremy F Mills
Psychology Department, Bath Institution, Ontario, Canada
Crim Behav Ment Health 13:140-50. 2003..The aim of the present study was to investigate the assumption that the validity of self-report is vulnerable to self-presentation biases in offender samples...
- Cross-validation of the Self-Appraisal Questionnaire (SAQ): an offender risk and need assessment measure on Australian, British, Canadian, Singaporean, and American offendersWagdy Loza
Queen s University, Canada
J Interpers Violence 19:1172-90. 2004....
- Cross-validation of the self-appraisal questionnaire: a tool for assessing violent and nonviolent recidivism with female offendersWagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary Correctional Service of Canada, 4 Strathaven Place, Kingston, Ontario K7M 6S6, Canada
Int J Offender Ther Comp Criminol 49:547-60. 2005..Similar to the findings from male offenders, the present results provide some support for the validity of the SAQ in the prediction of violent and nonviolent recidivism risk among White, African American, and Asian female offenders...
- Predicting violence among forensic-correctional populations: the past 2 decades of advancements and future endeavorsWagdy Loza
Kingston Penitentiary, Carleton and Queen s Universities, Canada
J Interpers Violence 20:188-94. 2005....