Robert D Kilgour
Affiliation: Concordia University
- Handgrip strength predicts survival and is associated with markers of clinical and functional outcomes in advanced cancer patientsR D Kilgour
McGill Nutrition and Performance Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre MUHC, Montreal, QC, Canada
Support Care Cancer 21:3261-70. 2013..g., sarcopenia), subjective performance measures (e.g., quality of life), and muscle strength (e.g., isokinetic torque of the quadriceps) in patients with advanced forms of non-small cell lung and gastrointestinal cancers...
- Effectiveness of a self-administered, home-based exercise rehabilitation program for women following a modified radical mastectomy and axillary node dissection: a preliminary studyRobert D Kilgour
Department of Exercise Science, The Richard J Renaud Science Complex, Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 109:285-95. 2008....
- Precision and reliability of strength (Jamar vs. Biodex handgrip) and body composition (dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry vs. bioimpedance analysis) measurements in advanced cancer patientsBarbara Trutschnigg
McGill Nutrition and Performance Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, QC H4A3S5, Canada
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 33:1232-9. 2008..The Jamar handgrip dynamometer shows more consistency than the Biodex handgrip attachment in ACPs, and should therefore be the preferred measure of changes in strength over time...
- Metabolic, nutritional and inflammatory characteristics in elderly women with advanced cancerBarbara Trutschnigg
McGill Nutrition and Performance Laboratory, 5252 de Maisonneuve W, Suite 105 B, Montreal, QC, Canada H4A 3S5
J Geriatr Oncol 4:183-9. 2013..Our objective was to determine differences in energy expenditure during rest and activity, body composition, nutrition, and inflammatory markers between healthy elderly females and those with advanced cancer...
- Is IL-6 the best pro-inflammatory biomarker of clinical outcomes of cancer cachexia?Celena Scheede-Bergdahl
McGill Nutrition and Performance Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Nutr 31:85-8. 2012....
- Determining the precision of dual energy x-ray absorptiometry and bioelectric impedance spectroscopy in the assessment of breast cancer-related lymphedemaAnne L Newman
Department of Exercise Science, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Lymphat Res Biol 11:104-9. 2013..Although dual energy x-ray absorptiometry (DXA) and bioelectric impedance spectroscopy (BIS) have been used to assess BCRL, no study has evaluated the precision of these two modalities in the same cohort...
- Relationship between angiotensin-converting enzyme gene polymorphism and body composition, functional performance, and blood biomarkers in advanced cancer patientsAntonio Vigano
McGill Nutrition and Performance Laboratory, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 15:2442-7. 2009....