Affiliation: Clinical Research Institute of Montreal
- Characterization of myocardium, isolated cardiomyocytes, and blood pressure in WKHA and WKY ratsChristian F Deschepper
Multidisciplinary Research Group in Hypertension, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, 110 Pine Ave W, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H149-55. 2002....
- Chromosome Y variants from different inbred mouse strains are linked to differences in the morphologic and molecular responses of cardiac cells to postpubertal testosteroneBastien Llamas
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal IRCM and Université de Montréal, Montreal, QC, Canada
BMC Genomics 10:150. 2009....
- Functional alterations of the Nppa promoter are linked to cardiac ventricular hypertrophy in WKY/WKHA rat crossesC F Deschepper
Laboratories of Experimental Cardiovascular Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Res 88:223-8. 2001..Taken together with the previous reports showing that ANF may protect cardiomyocytes against hypertrophy, our genetic data single out NPPA: as a strong candidate gene for the determination of LVM...
- In search of cardiovascular candidate genes: interactions between phenotypes and genotypesChristian F Deschepper
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit and CIHR Multidisciplinary Research Group on Hypertension, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 39:332-6. 2002....
- Characterization of blood pressure and morphological traits in cardiovascular-related organs in 13 different inbred mouse strainsChristian F Deschepper
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
J Appl Physiol 97:369-76. 2004..All data have been deposited to the Mouse Phenome Database for future integration with the Mouse Genome Database and can be further analyzed and compared with tools available on the site...
- Cardiac mass and cardiomyocyte size are governed by different genetic loci on either autosomes or chromosome Y in recombinant inbred miceBastien Llamas
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montréal and Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Physiol Genomics 31:176-82. 2007....
- Neonatal oxygen exposure in rats leads to cardiovascular and renal alterations in adulthoodCatherine Yzydorczyk
Department of Pediatrics, Research Center, CHU Sainte Justine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 52:889-95. 2008..Our findings support the hypothesis of developmental programming of adult cardiovascular and renal diseases and provide new insights into the potential role of oxidative stress in this process...
- Hypertensive cardiac remodeling in males and females: from the bench to the bedsideChristian F Deschepper
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, , , Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 49:401-7. 2007
- Early predictors of cardiac decompensation in experimental volume overloadChristelle Oliver-Dussault
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Montreal, QC, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 338:271-82. 2010..Close monitoring of early changes in cardiac geometry (as well as new methods to analyze myocardial diastolic strain) might, therefore, be helpful to further improve risk stratification in humans with volume overload cardiopathies...
- Inhibition of mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase improves endothelial function and attenuates Ang II-induced contractility of mesenteric resistance arteries from spontaneously hypertensive ratsRhian M Touyz
Laboratory of Experimental Hypertension, bLaboratory of Experimental Cardiovascular Biology, Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Hypertens 20:1127-34. 2002..In the present in vivo study, we investigated whether short-term inhibition of ERK1/2-dependent signaling pathways influences vascular function and blood pressure (BP) in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR)...
- Beneficial effects of long-term use of the antioxidant probucol in heart failure in the ratYing Tung Sia
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circulation 105:2549-55. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: In chronic CHF, probucol exerts multiple beneficial morphological effects that result in better LV remodeling and function, reduced neurohumoral activation, and preserved renal function...
- Comparisons of behavioral and neurochemical characteristics between WKY, WKHA, and Wistar rat strainsGuy Drolet
CHUL Research Centre, Neuroscience Unit, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Neuropsychopharmacology 27:400-9. 2002..Although these characteristics may make them interesting models in their own right, it also follows that the conclusions of any study based on comparisons of one particular strain to just WKY should be interpreted very cautiously...
- Fibroblast apoptosis precedes cardiomyocyte mass reduction during left ventricular remodeling in hypertensive rats treated with amlodipineDavid Duguay
Department of Pharmacology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Hypertens 25:1291-9. 2007..However, the cell type undergoing apoptosis in this model and the temporal correlation with onset cardiac remodeling remain undefined...
- Identification and validation of Loci and candidate genes linked to cardiac hypertrophyBastien Llamas
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, , , Canada
Methods Mol Med 112:321-37. 2005..Identification of QTLs may lead to the identification of candidate genes whose roles can be further investigated in either transgenic, knockout, or pharmacologically manipulated animal models...
- Genetic determinants of systolic and pulse pressure in an intercross between normotensive inbred ratsBastien Llamas
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, , , Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Hypertension 48:921-6. 2006....
- A genetic locus accentuates the effect of volume overload on adverse left ventricular remodeling in male and female ratsEmmanuelle Souzeau
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 47:128-33. 2006....
- Dietary isoflavones during pregnancy and lactation provide cardioprotection to offspring rats in adulthoodEmmanuelle Souzeau
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, , 110 Pine Ave. W, , Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H715-21. 2005..Thus the presence of isoflavones in the maternal diet provides cardioprotection to the hearts of their offspring during adulthood...
- Distinct QTLs are linked to cardiac left ventricular mass in a sex-specific manner in a normotensive inbred rat inter-crossBastien Llamas
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Research Unit, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H2W 1R7
Mamm Genome 16:700-11. 2005....
- Expression of constitutively active guanylate cyclase in cardiomyocytes inhibits the hypertrophic effects of isoproterenol and aortic constriction on mouse heartsAhmad Zahabi
Experimental Cardiovascular Biology Unit, Canadian Institutes for Health Research Multidisciplinary Research Group in Hypertension, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:47694-9. 2003..Altogether, our results suggest that cyclic GMP is a cardioprotective agent against hypertrophy that acts via a direct local effect on cardiomyocytes...
- Alterations in mitochondrial function as a harbinger of cardiomyopathy: lessons from the dystrophic heartYan Burelle
Department of Kinesiology, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:310-21. 2010..In fact, altogether our findings support a critical role for dystrophin in maintaining optimal coupling between metabolism and contraction in the heart...
- Compensated volume overload increases the vulnerability of heart mitochondria without affecting their functions in the absence of stressMariannick Marcil
, , C.P. 6128, Succursale Centre-Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7
J Mol Cell Cardiol 41:998-1009. 2006....
- Dissociation of coronary artery contractile hyperreactivity from hypertensionWen Su
Department of Physiology, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:570-6. 2003..In addition, G-protein-mediated Ca(2+) sensitization of contraction was increased and contributed to the coronary artery contractile hyperreactivity in SHR...
- The Collaborative Cross, a community resource for the genetic analysis of complex traitsGary A Churchill
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Nat Genet 36:1133-7. 2004..The Collaborative Cross will provide a common reference panel specifically designed for the integrative analysis of complex systems and will change the way we approach human health and disease...
- GENETICS OF HEART AND KIDNEY DAMAGE IN HYPERTENSIONChristian Deschepper; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..