Genomes and Genes
Jean Francois Cote
Affiliation: Clinical Research Institute of Montreal
- GEF what? Dock180 and related proteins help Rac to polarize cells in new waysJean Francois Cote
Cytoskeletal Organization and Cell Migration Laboratory, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, 110 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, PQ H2W1R7, Canada
Trends Cell Biol 17:383-93. 2007....
- An evolutionarily conserved autoinhibitory molecular switch in ELMO proteins regulates Rac signalingManishha Patel
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, 110 avenue des Pins Ouest, Montreal, PQ H2W 1R7, Canada
Curr Biol 20:2021-7. 2010..Functionally, we found that ELMO mutants with impaired autoregulatory activity promote cell elongation. These results demonstrate an unsuspected level of regulation for Rac1 signaling via autoinhibition of ELMO...
- The Arf family GTPase Arl4A complexes with ELMO proteins to promote actin cytoskeleton remodeling and reveals a versatile Ras-binding domain in the ELMO proteins familyManishha Patel
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
J Biol Chem 286:38969-79. 2011..Furthermore, via binding of an Arf family GTPase, the ELMO-DOCK180 is uniquely positioned at the membrane to activate Rac signaling and remodel the actin cytoskeleton...
- PSTPIP is a substrate of PTP-PEST and serves as a scaffold guiding PTP-PEST toward a specific dephosphorylation of WASPJean Francois Cote
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:2973-86. 2002..This finding suggests a possible mechanism for PTP-PEST to directly modulate actin remodeling through the PSTPIP-WASP interaction...
- Formation of a PKCζ/β-catenin complex in endothelial cells promotes angiopoietin-1-induced collective directional migration and angiogenic sproutingMalika Oubaha
Laboratory of Endothelial Cell Biology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, QC, Canada
Blood 120:3371-81. 2012..These results reveal that PKCζ and β-catenin function in a complex at adherens junctions and at the leading edge of migrating endothelial cells to modulate collective and directional migration during angiogenesis...
- Perturbation of adhesion molecule-mediated chondrocyte-matrix interactions by 4-hydroxynonenal binding: implication in osteoarthritis pathogenesisRana El-Bikai
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Department of Surgery, University of Montreal, 5400 Gouin Blvd, West, Montreal, QC H4J 1C5, Canada
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R201. 2010....
- The atypical Rac activator Dock180 (Dock1) regulates myoblast fusion in vivoMélanie Laurin
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1R7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:15446-51. 2008....