Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Olanzapine use as an adjunctive treatment for hospitalized children with anorexia nervosa: case reportsAhmed Boachie
Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 33:98-103. 2003..The aim of this case report was to clinically examine the therapeutic benefit and tolerability of olanzapine as an adjunctive treatment for four children with AN in a pediatric inpatient setting...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of olanzapine as an adjunctive treatment for anorexia nervosa in adolescent females: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialWendy Spettigue
Mental Health Department, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, 401 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L1, Canada
BMC Pediatr 8:4. 2008..This randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial seeks to examine the effectiveness and safety of olanzapine in female youth with AN...
- Olanzapine use for the adjunctive treatment of adolescents with anorexia nervosaMark L Norris
Department of Paediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:213-20. 2011..To examine assessment and treatment profiles of adolescent patients with anorexia nervosa and eating disorder not otherwise specified who received olanzapine as compared with an untreated matched sample...
- A family-based eating disorder day treatment program for youth: examining the clinical and statistical significance of short-term treatment outcomesKatherine Henderson
a Department of Psychology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 22:1-18. 2014..Findings indicate that a comprehensive DTP can successfully facilitate positive outcomes in youth with eating disorders and that these improvements can be maintained 6 months post-treatment. ..
- A psycho-education intervention for parents of adolescents with eating disorders: a randomized controlled trialWendy Spettigue
a Department of Psychiatry, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 23:60-75. 2015..The brief intervention successfully increased parent/caregiver knowledge of the illness, feelings of self-efficacy, and help-seeking behaviors. These findings are clinically useful as waiting lists are common in Canada. ..
- Exploring avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder in eating disordered patients: a descriptive studyMark L Norris
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada Regional Eating Disorders Program, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, ON, Canada Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 47:495-9. 2014..To assess and compare clinical characteristics of patients with avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) to those with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- An examination of medical and psychological morbidity in adolescent males with eating disordersMark L Norris
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 20:405-15. 2012..Multi-center controlled trials are required to further investigate male-specific ED symptomatology, treatment courses, and outcomes...
- Eating disorder symptom severity scale: a new clinician rated measureKatherine A Henderson
Regional Eating Disorders Program, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 18:333-46. 2010..69 to 0.93). The EDS(3) is a valid and reliable measure designed for clinicians to help assess the severity of a youth's eating disorder and to facilitate outcomes research...
- Growth trajectories of maintenance variables related to refractory eating disorders in youthNicole Obeid
Eating Disorders Program, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L1, Canada
Psychother Res 23:265-76. 2013..Refractory status did not predict the variability in maintenance curves, suggesting that although this growth pattern existed, requiring a second treatment encounter did not explain the differences found in these patterns...
- Factors influencing research drug trials in adolescents with anorexia nervosaMark L Norris
Department of Paediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 18:210-7. 2010..Factors affecting recruitment in psychopharmacological studies involving AN in youth are discussed...
- Evidence-based pharmacotherapy of eating disordersMartine F Flament
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:189-207. 2012..Data on the long-term efficacy of pharmacotherapy for EDs are scarce. Short- and long-term pharmacotherapy of EDs still remains a challenge for the clinician...