Mark L Norris
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- An examination of medical and psychological morbidity in adolescent males with eating disordersMark L Norris
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 20:405-15. 2012..Multi-center controlled trials are required to further investigate male-specific ED symptomatology, treatment courses, and outcomes...
- Delirium and refeeding syndrome in anorexia nervosaMark L Norris
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 45:439-42. 2012..To review the literature on delirium and refeeding syndrome in patients with anorexia nervosa (AN) and present case examples in an attempt to identify common clinical features and response to therapy...
- Evaluation of the efficacy and safety of olanzapine as an adjunctive treatment for anorexia nervosa in adolescent females: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialWendy Spettigue
Mental Health Department, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, 401 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L1, Canada
BMC Pediatr 8:4. 2008..This randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial seeks to examine the effectiveness and safety of olanzapine in female youth with AN...
- Effect of point of care information on inpatient management of bronchiolitisW James King
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMC Pediatr 7:4. 2007..We studied the effects of access to point-of-care medical evidence in a computerised physician order entry system (CPOE) on management and clinical outcome of children with bronchiolitis...
- Ana and the Internet: a review of pro-anorexia websitesMark L Norris
Paediatric Medicine and Adolescent Health, The Department of Paediatrics, University of Ottawa, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Eat Disord 39:443-7. 2006..The purpose of this article is to describe the content of pro-anorexia websites, both qualitatively and quantitatively...
- Olanzapine use for the adjunctive treatment of adolescents with anorexia nervosaMark L Norris
Department of Paediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 21:213-20. 2011..To examine assessment and treatment profiles of adolescent patients with anorexia nervosa and eating disorder not otherwise specified who received olanzapine as compared with an untreated matched sample...
- Factors influencing research drug trials in adolescents with anorexia nervosaMark L Norris
Department of Paediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Eat Disord 18:210-7. 2010..Factors affecting recruitment in psychopharmacological studies involving AN in youth are discussed...
- Growth trajectories of maintenance variables related to refractory eating disorders in youthNicole Obeid
Eating Disorders Program, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L1, Canada
Psychother Res 23:265-76. 2013..Refractory status did not predict the variability in maintenance curves, suggesting that although this growth pattern existed, requiring a second treatment encounter did not explain the differences found in these patterns...
- More than just milk: a review of prolactin's impact on the treatment of anorexia nervosaMelanie K Strike
Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:e85-90. 2012..In completing this review, we aim to educate readers about the physiological importance of the hormone prolactin (PRL) in the treatment of patients with anorexia nervosa (AN)...