Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Identification of adrenal insufficiency in pediatric critical illnessKusum Menon
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario and University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:276-8. 2007..To determine physicians' beliefs and practices regarding adrenal dysfunction in pediatric critical illness...
- Factors affecting consent in pediatric critical care researchKusum Menon
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada
Intensive Care Med 38:153-9. 2012..The objectives of this study were to describe consent rates in pediatric critical care research and their association with patient, legal guardian, consent process, and study design-related factors...
- A prospective multicenter study of adrenal function in critically ill childrenKusum Menon
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, 401 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1S 3H2 Canada
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 182:246-51. 2010..Adrenal insufficiency is a clinical condition associated with fluid- and catecholamine-resistant hypotension...
- The association of vitamin D status with pediatric critical illnessJ Dayre McNally
Division of Critical Care, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 130:429-36. 2012..The study objective was to determine the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency, risk factors for its presence, and potential association with clinically relevant outcomes in critically ill children...
- Capillary refill time and cardiac output in children undergoing cardiac catheterizationAnna Theresa Lobos
Division of Critical Care, University of Ottawa, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 13:136-40. 2012..This study examined the inter-rater reliability of capillary refill time and its relationship to hemoglobin and with cardiac output in pediatric patients undergoing cardiac catheterization...
- A multidisciplinary survey on capillary refill time: Inconsistent performance and interpretation of a common clinical testAnna Theresa Lobos
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Department of Critical Care, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 9:386-91. 2008..Despite this, we hypothesize that capillary refill time is performed inconsistently and its interpretation by healthcare providers in the acute care setting is variable...
- An evidence-based threshold for thrombocytopenia associated with clinically significant bleeding in pediatric intensive care unit patientsPaul C Moorehead
From the Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 13:e316-22. 2012..To determine the epidemiology and identify the risk factors for clinically significant bleeding in the pediatric intensive care unit...
- The morbidity and mortality of pediatric oncology patients presenting to the intensive care unit with septic shockCatherine M Pound
Department of Pediatrics, Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 51:584-8. 2008..Previous studies, although very limited in number, suggest a particularly poor outcome for these patients if admitted to an intensive care unit with septic shock...
- Critical illness in children with influenza A/pH1N1 2009 infection in CanadaPhilippe Jouvet
Department of Pediatrics, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 11:603-9. 2010..To describe characteristics, treatment, and outcomes of critically ill children with influenza A/pandemic influenza A virus (pH1N1) infection in Canada...
- Using pediatric advanced life support in pediatric residency training: does the curriculum need resuscitation?Estée C Grant
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Critical Care, University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Canada
Pediatr Crit Care Med 8:433-9. 2007..This study aimed to evaluate the PALS curriculum's effectiveness in providing pediatric residents with knowledge, skill and confidence in pediatric resuscitation...
- Enrollment of intensive care unit patients into clinical studies: a trinational survey of researchers' experiences, beliefs, and practicesDeborah J Cook
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Crit Care Med 36:2100-5. 2008..As critical care practice increases in scope, size, and complexity, enrollment of critically ill patients into clinical studies is increasing...
- Anemia, blood loss, and blood transfusions in North American children in the intensive care unitScot T Bateman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, H5 524, 55 Lake Avenue, North Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:26-33. 2008..Minimizing exposure of children to blood products is desirable...