Patricia E Longmuir
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Home-based rehabilitation enhances daily physical activity and motor skill in children who have undergone the Fontan procedurePatricia E Longmuir
Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol 34:1130-51. 2013..Enhanced gross motor skill is associated with increased MVPA despite exercise capacity limitations after Fontan. Rehabilitation attenuates the expected decrease in MVPA with age...
- Cross-sectional study of motor development among children after the Fontan procedurePatricia E Longmuir
Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cardiol Young 22:443-50. 2012..Study design This study followed a cross-sectional design...
- Factors associated with the physical activity level of children who have the Fontan procedurePatricia E Longmuir
Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am Heart J 161:411-7. 2011..Children with complex heart defects are sedentary, with activity level unrelated to exercise capacity. We sought to identify factors associated with physical activity level for children who have the Fontan procedure...
- Enhanced physiology for submaximal exercise in children after the fontan procedureLaura Banks
Division of Cardiology, Labatt Family Heart Centre, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:615-21. 2013..This study sought to determine the relationship between submaximal and peak exercise capacity and physical activity in Fontan patients...
- Feasibility of improving the motor development of toddlers with congenital heart defects using a home-based interventionNicole A Stieber
Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, 160 500 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 1V7, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol 33:521-32. 2012..However, toddlers after ASO have age-appropriate motor skills. Completion of the rehabilitation program enables post-SCPC children to increase their rate of development to age-appropriate norms...
- Physical activity restrictions for children after the Fontan operation: disagreement between parent, cardiologist, and medical record reportsPatricia E Longmuir
Hospital for Sick Children and Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am Heart J 157:853-9. 2009..Parents uncertain about physical activity have children who are more sedentary. To understand parent uncertainty, we examined agreement regarding activity restrictions from parents, cardiologists, and medical charts...
- Physical activity participation in youth with surgically corrected congenital heart disease: Devising guidelines so Johnny can participateFiona Moola
Graduate Department of Exercise Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Paediatr Child Health 14:167-70. 2009..Clinical recommendations and future directions are proposed...