Tammy J Clifford
Affiliation: Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario
- Funding source, trial outcome and reporting quality: are they related? Results of a pilot studyTammy J Clifford
Chalmers Research Group, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 2:18. 2002..There has been increasing concern regarding the potential effects of the commercialization of research...
- Infant colic: empirical evidence of the absence of an association with source of early infant nutritionTammy J Clifford
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Western Ontario, Ottawa, Canada
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1123-8. 2002..The etiology of infant colic remains unknown, despite an abundance of research on the topic...
- Sequelae of infant colic: evidence of transient infant distress and absence of lasting effects on maternal mental healthTammy J Clifford
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, 401 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1H 8L1
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 156:1183-8. 2002..Colic is widely believed to remit by 3 months of age, with little lasting effect on the infant or the family...
- An alternative to the hand searching gold standard: validating methodological search filters using relative recallMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:33. 2006..We demonstrate the feasibility of using relative recall of included studies from multiple systematic reviews to validate methodological search filters as an alternative to validation against a gold standard formed through hand searching...
- Factors influencing full breastfeeding in a southwestern ontario community: assessments at 1 week and at 6 months postpartumTammy J Clifford
Epidemiology and Biotatistics, The University of Western Ontario, Canada
J Hum Lact 22:292-304. 2006..Although most mothers are breastfeeding early on, a number of factors adversely affect its successful continuation...
- Can electronic search engines optimize screening of search results in systematic reviews: an empirical studyMargaret Sampson
Chalmers Research Group, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Ottawa, Canada
BMC Med Res Methodol 6:7. 2006..Our objective is to test the ability of an Ultraseek search engine to rank MEDLINE records of the included studies of Cochrane reviews within the top half of all the records retrieved by the Boolean MEDLINE search used by the reviewers...
- Use of single-dose activated charcoal among Canadian pediatric emergency physiciansSarah M Reid
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Emerg Care 22:724-8. 2006..This study examined the proposed use of SDAC for gastric decontamination in common pediatric ingestion scenarios by emergency physicians working in Canadian pediatric EDs...
- Barriers to metered-dose inhaler/spacer use in Canadian pediatric emergency departments: a national surveyMartin H Osmond
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 14:1106-13. 2007..Despite advantages in terms of efficacy, side effects, and ease of use, MDI+S are not used in many North American pediatric emergency departments (PEDs)...
- Breast feeding and obesityTammy J Clifford
BMJ 327:879-80. 2003