J L Chiasson
- Glucose turnover and gluconeogenesis during pregnancy in women with and without insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusJ L Chiasson
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic Regulation, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Que
Clin Invest Med 20:140-51. 1997..To characterize the effect of pregnancy on glucose turnover and gluconeogenesis in healthy women and in women with well-controlled insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM)...
- The STOP-NIDDM Trial: an international study on the efficacy of an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor to prevent type 2 diabetes in a population with impaired glucose tolerance: rationale, design, and preliminary screening data. Study to Prevent Non-Insulin-DepeJ L Chiasson
Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Care 21:1720-5. 1998....
- Acarbose for the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease in subjects with impaired glucose tolerance: facts and interpretations concerning the critical analysis of the STOP-NIDDM Trial dataJ L Chiasson
Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal Hotel Dieu, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, 3850 St Urbain Street, Rm 8 202, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1T7, Canada
Diabetologia 47:969-75; discussion 976-7. 2004..The investigators stand strongly behind these results demonstrating that acarbose treatment is associated with a delay in the development of diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular complications in a high-risk population with IGT...
- Effect of acarbose on insulin sensitivity in elderly patients with diabetesG S Meneilly
Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Diabetes Care 23:1162-7. 2000..To study the effect of acarbose, an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor, on insulin release and insulin sensitivity in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Guidelines for premeal insulin dose reduction for postprandial exercise of different intensities and durations in type 1 diabetic subjects treated intensively with a basal-bolus insulin regimen (ultralente-lispro)R Rabasa-Lhoret
, Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, , Canada
Diabetes Care 24:625-30. 2001....
- Estimating insulin secretion in youth using simple indices derived from the oral glucose tolerance testM Henderson
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, 1020, Pine Avenue West, Room 27, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1A2, Canada
Diabetes Metab 38:309-15. 2012..For this reason, this study examined the correlation between OGTT-derived and fasting-based indices of insulin secretion against the acute insulin response to glucose (AIRg) in children...
- Normal adiponectin levels despite abnormal glucose tolerance (or diabetes) and inflammation in adult patients with cystic fibrosisI Hammana
Diabetes Research Group, Research Center, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM Hôtel Dieu, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Metab 33:213-9. 2007..Since these conditions are common in cystic fibrosis (CF), we examined whether adiponectin values are altered in these patients...
- Use of an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor to maintain glucose homoeostasis during postprandial exercise in intensively treated Type 1 diabetic subjectsR Rabasa-Lhoret
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic Regulation, Research Centre, , Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabet Med 18:739-44. 2001....
- The synergistic effect of miglitol plus metformin combination therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetesJ L Chiasson
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic Regulation, Research Center, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, 3850 St Urbain, 8 202, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1T8
Diabetes Care 24:989-94. 2001..To investigate the efficacy and safety of miglitol in combination with metformin in improving glycemic control in outpatients in whom type 2 diabetes is insufficiently controlled by diet alone...
- Measuring insulin sensitivity in youth: How do the different indices compare with the gold-standard method?M Henderson
Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Occupational Health, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Metab 37:72-8. 2011....
- No relationship between mean plasma glucose and glycated haemoglobin in patients with cystic fibrosis-related diabetesA Godbout
Endocrinology Division, Department of Medicine, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Metab 34:568-73. 2008..This study aimed to examine the relationship between mean plasma glucose and HbA(1c) or fructosamine in stable patients with CFRD...
- Postprandial hyperglycaemia: to treat or not to treat?M C Brindisi
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic Regulation, Research Center, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CHUM and Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes Metab 32:105-11. 2006..There is growing evidence that treating postprandial hyperglycaemia should probably be part of the strategies for the prevention and management of cardiovascular diseases in pre-diabetes as well as in diabetes...
- Ketoacidosis and the hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state in adult diabetic patients. Diagnosis and treatmentZ Yared
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Nutrition, Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, and Department of Medicine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Minerva Med 94:409-18. 2003..Excess mortality still occurs, particularly for HHS, emphasizing the importance of patient education and regular follow-up to prevent these potentially fatal complications...
- The prevention of type 2 diabetes: what is the evidence?J L Chiasson
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic, Regulation Research Center, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Minerva Endocrinol 30:179-91. 2005..Prevention of the disease is our only chance to alleviate the ever growing burden of diabetes mellitus in the world...
- Effects of ramipril and rosiglitazone on cardiovascular and renal outcomes in people with impaired glucose tolerance or impaired fasting glucose: results of the Diabetes REduction Assessment with ramipril and rosiglitazone Medication (DREAM) trialG R Dagenais
Laval University Heart and Lung Institute, 2725 Chemin Ste Foy, Quebec, Quebec City, Canada
Diabetes Care 31:1007-14. 2008..We determined the effects of ramipril and rosiglitazone on combined and individual CVD and renal outcomes in people with IGT and/or IFG in the Diabetes REduction Assessment With ramipril and rosiglitazone Medication (DREAM) trial...
- Effect of hypercorticism on regulation of skeletal muscle glycogen metabolism by epinephrineL Coderre
Clinical Research Institutes of Montreal, University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol 262:E434-9. 1992..It is suggested that this abnormality could be due to the inhibition of phosphorylase a by increased muscle adenosine levels...
- The use of information technology for the management of intensive insulin therapy in type 1 diabetes mellitusY Boukhors
Research Group on Diabetes and Metabolic Regulation, Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Universite de Montreal, Hotel Dieu, 3850 St Urbain Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1T7
Diabetes Metab 29:619-27. 2003..The purpose of the study was to evaluate the safety of a computer program used by the patient for the adjustment of insulin doses to achieve tight glycemic control in type 1 diabetic subjects on intensive insulin therapy...
- Chronic exposure to beta-hydroxybutyrate impairs insulin action in primary cultures of adult cardiomyocytesA Tardif
Department of Medicine, Research Center, , University of Montreal, Montreal H2W 1T8, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E1205-12. 2001..These results indicate that prolonged exposure to ketone bodies altered insulin action in cardiomyocytes and suggest that this substrate could play a role in the development of insulin resistance in the heart...