Genomes and Genes
Hai Ying Mary Cheng
- When the DREAM is gone: from basic science to future prospectives in pain management and beyondHai Ying M Cheng
University Health Network Ontario Cancer Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Expert Opin Ther Targets 7:249-63. 2003..The potential for the involvement of DREAM in other processes beyond pain modulation is considered at the end of this review...
- Revealing a role of microRNAs in the regulation of the biological clockHai Ying Mary Cheng
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Cell Cycle 6:3034-5. 2007..In this review, we will discuss the specific roles of miRNA-(miR-)132 and miR-219 in the SCN, as well as a more general outlook on this newly elucidated layer of circadian clock regulation: inducible translation control via miRNAs...
- DREAM ablation selectively alters THC place aversion and analgesia but leaves intact the motivational and analgesic effects of morphineHai Ying M Cheng
Departments of Medical Biophysics and Immunology, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Eur J Neurosci 19:3033-41. 2004..Finally, whereas the absence of DREAM reduced the analgesic efficacy of THC, morphine analgesia was unaffected in dream(-/-) mice...
- Dexras1 potentiates photic and suppresses nonphotic responses of the circadian clockHai Ying M Cheng
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Dr Bohr Gasse 3 5, A 1030 Vienna
Neuron 43:715-28. 2004..These results identify a signaling molecule that serves as a differential modulator of the gated photic and nonphotic input pathways to the circadian timekeeping system...
- microRNA modulation of circadian-clock period and entrainmentHai Ying M Cheng
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Neuron 54:813-29. 2007..Collectively, these data reveal miRNAs as clock- and light-regulated genes and provide a mechanistic examination of their roles as effectors of pacemaker activity and entrainment...
- Dexras1: shaping the responsiveness of the circadian clockHai Ying Mary Cheng
Department of Medical Biophysics, The University Health Network, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 2M9
Semin Cell Dev Biol 17:345-51. 2006..This review will attempt to provide mechanistic insights into the involvement of Dexras1 in biological timing processes based on its role as a modulator of signal transduction...
- The molecular gatekeeper Dexras1 sculpts the photic responsiveness of the mammalian circadian clockHai Ying M Cheng
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurosci 26:12984-95. 2006..Daytime photic phase advances are mediated by a novel signaling pathway that does not affect the SCN core but rather stimulates ERK/MAPK in the SCN shell and triggers downregulation of clock protein expression...
- DREAM is a critical transcriptional repressor for pain modulationHai Ying M Cheng
Amgen Institute, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Cell 108:31-43. 2002..Thus, DREAM appears to be a critical transcriptional repressor in pain processing...
- Light stimulates MSK1 activation in the suprachiasmatic nucleus via a PACAP-ERK/MAP kinase-dependent mechanismGreg Q Butcher
Department of Neuroscience, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurosci 25:5305-13. 2005..Together, these data identify MSK1 as both a downstream target of the MAPK cascade within the SCN and a regulator of clock gene expression...
- Regulation of MAPK/ERK signaling and photic entrainment of the suprachiasmatic nucleus circadian clock by Raf kinase inhibitor proteinGhadi Antoun
Department of Biology, University of Toronto Mississauga, Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6, Canada
J Neurosci 32:4867-77. 2012..Collectively, our data reveal an important role of RKIP in the regulation of MAPK/ERK signaling in the SCN and photic entrainment of the SCN clock...
- MKK7 couples stress signalling to G2/M cell-cycle progression and cellular senescenceTeiji Wada
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, c o Dr Bohrgasse 3 5, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nat Cell Biol 6:215-26. 2004..These data show that the MKK7-JNK-c-Jun signalling pathway couples developmental and environmental cues to CDC2 expression, G2/M cell cycle progression and cellular senescence in fibroblasts...