Marie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
- Prevalence of chronic symptoms of ciguatera disease in French Polynesian adultsMarie Ludivine Chateau Degat
Public Health Research Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center, CHUL, CHUQ, Quebec, Canada
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:842-6. 2007..001). Our findings suggest that several symptoms observed in the acute phase of the disease are still experienced 15 days after onset. This supports previous observations based on isolated case reports...
- Cardiovascular burden and related risk factors among Nunavik (Quebec) Inuit: insights from baseline findings in the circumpolar Inuit health in transition cohort studyMarie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Can J Cardiol 26:190-6. 2010..However, actual sociocultural transition and related major, modifiable risk factors have scarcely been quantified in the Inuit population. Such knowledge is extremely valuable in terms of public health intervention...
- Dietary sodium intake deleteriously affects blood pressure in a normotensive populationM L Chateau-Degat
Axe santé des populations et environnementale, Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Quebec, QC, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 66:533-5. 2012..05). In a normotensive population, BP shows a linear relationship with DSI. Our results emphasize the potent deleterious impact of DSI on BP...
- Obesity risks: towards an emerging Inuit patternMarie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition and Centre for Indigenous Peoples Nutrition and Environment CINE, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 70:166-77. 2011..Study design. Cross-sectional study...
- Hypertension among the Inuit from Nunavik: should we expect an increase because of obesity?Marie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 69:361-72. 2010..This study aimed to assess the exact prevalence of HTN in Nunavik Inuit and to examine its association with other major risk factors of cardiovascular disease...
- A comparison of the metabolic response to abdominal obesity in two Canadian Inuit and First Nations populationMarie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
Axe santé des populations et environnementale, Centre de Recherche, Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec CRCHUQ, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:2254-60. 2011..However, the ethnic difference in the impact of abdominal obesity on insulin levels across all WCs needs to be explored further...
- Comparison of diagnostic criteria of the metabolic syndrome in 3 ethnic groups of CanadaMarie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
Centre for Indigenous Peoples Nutrition and Environment and School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
Metabolism 57:1526-32. 2008..001). These 3 unique population-based samples suggest that abdominal obesity does not have a similar deleterious impact according to ethnicity, suggesting the need for an ethnic-based MetS definition...
- Dairy product intake and its association with body weight and cardiovascular disease risk factors in a population in dietary transitionAnnie Ferland
Axe Santé des populations and Environnementale, Centre de Recherche du CHUL, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Am Coll Nutr 30:92-9. 2011..This study evaluated dairy product intake and its association with body weight and CVD risk profile among a population undergoing a dietary transition in Canada, the Nunavik Inuit...
- Association between trans-fatty acids in erythrocytes and pro-atherogenic lipid profiles among Canadian Inuit of Nunavik: possible influences of sex and ageEmilie Counil
Public Health Research Unit, CHUL Research Centre, Quebec, QC, Canada
Br J Nutr 102:766-76. 2009..The differential associations reported in pre- and postmenopausal women need to be reproduced in other populations and in experimental studies addressing the influence of sex hormones in response to dietary fats...
- Cardiovascular risk factors and subclinical atherosclerosis among Nunavik InuitMartin Noel
Unite de Recherche en Sante publique, Universite Laval, 2875 boulevard Laurier, Edifice Delta 2, bureau 600, Quebec, Québec G1V 2M2, Canada
Atherosclerosis 221:558-64. 2012..To evaluate subclinical atherosclerosis in Nunavik Inuit and its correlation to traditional cardiovascular disease risk factor...
- Is severe obesity a cardiovascular health concern in the Inuit population?Samantha Kellett
Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hum Biol 24:441-5. 2012..Amongst the Inuit, evolution of SO remains unknown. We investigated whether the level of SO changed and whether the cardio-metabolic profile improved or deteriorated in Nunavik Inuit between 1992 and 2004...
- Does sitting height ratio affect estimates of obesity prevalence among Canadian Inuit? Results from the 2007-2008 Inuit Health SurveyTracey Galloway
Centre for Indigenous People s Nutrition and Environment, School of Dietetics and Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Hum Biol 23:655-63. 2011..Further, high SHR may help explain the reduced impact of BMI on metabolic risk factors among Inuit relative to comparison populations. This study investigates the relationship between SHR and body mass index (BMI) in Inuit...
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy decreases blood pressure in patients with chronic woundsMarie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
Hyperbaric Medicine and Complex Wounds Unit, Research Center of Centre de Santé et Service Sociaux CSSS Alphonse Desjardins CHAU de Lévis, Levis, Quebec, Canada
Undersea Hyperb Med 39:881-9. 2012..Thus, the current study aimed to assess the effect of this type of treatment in patients administered HBO2T as an adjunct therapy for wound healing...
- Relation between methylmercury exposure and plasma paraoxonase activity in inuit adults from NunavikPierre Ayotte
Axe de recherche en santé des populations et environnementale, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec, QC, Canada
Environ Health Perspect 119:1077-83. 2011..Objectives: This study was conducted to determine whether blood mercury levels are linked to decreased plasma PON1 activities in Inuit people who are highly exposed to MeHg through their seafood-based diet...
- Effects of perfluorooctanesulfonate exposure on plasma lipid levels in the Inuit population of Nunavik (Northern Quebec)Marie Ludivine Chateau-Degat
Axe santé des populations et environnementale, Research center of the Centre hospitalier universitaire de Québec and Université Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 2M2
Environ Res 110:710-7. 2010..The Inuit of Nunavik are exposed to environmental contaminants through the consumption of fish and game. This diet is also a source of omega3-polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) that are known to lower plasma triacylglycerols...
- Temporal trends and epidemiological aspects of ciguatera in French Polynesia: a 10-year analysisMarie Ludivine Chateau Degat
Public Health Research Unit, Laval University Medical Research Center CHUQ, Quebec, Canada
Trop Med Int Health 12:485-92. 2007..The purpose of this study was to report the temporal trends of the incidence of ciguatera poisoning from 1992 to 2001 in French Polynesia...