Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Smoking cessation and lung cancer mortality in a cohort of middle-aged Canadian womenBo Zhang
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 15:302-9. 2005..To determine the impact of smoking cessation on lung cancer mortality among women...
- The impact of tobacco tax cuts on smoking initiation among Canadian young adultsBo Zhang
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Prev Med 30:474-9. 2006..Using a longitudinal design, this study examined the impact of decreased cigarette price, resulting from tobacco tax cuts, on smoking initiation among Canadian young adults aged 20 to 24 years...
- The impact of Ontario smoke-free legislation on secondhand smoke in enclosed public placesBo Zhang
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, University of Toronto, 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Occup Environ Hyg 7:133-43. 2010..DSRs did not provide adequate protection from SHS. The Smoke-Free Ontario Act produced a significant and firm reduction in SHS exposure in venues both with and without DSRs...
- Do indoor smoke-free laws provide bar workers with adequate protection from secondhand smoke?Bo Zhang
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, University of Toronto, Canada
Prev Med 49:245-7. 2009..To determine if bar workers are adequately protected from secondhand smoke by an Act that prohibits indoor smoking in public workplaces, including bars and restaurants, but allows smoking on unenclosed contiguous patios...
- The role of spending money and drinking alcohol in adolescent smokingBo Zhang
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Addiction 103:310-9. 2008..The objective of this study was to investigate the association between amount of spending money and adolescent smoking and the potential mediation role of alcohol use in this association...
- Impact of an indoor smoking ban on bar workers' exposure to secondhand smokeSusan J Bondy
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Occup Environ Med 51:612-9. 2009..To evaluate the impact of an indoor smoke-free bylaw in Toronto, Ontario, implemented June 2004...
- Not just 'a few wisps': real-time measurement of tobacco smoke at entrances to office buildingsPamela Kaufman
Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S1, Canada
Tob Control 20:212-8. 2011..Tobacco smoke has been linked to numerous health effects in non-smokers and there is no safe level of secondhand smoke (SHS) exposure. This paper presents data on levels of tobacco smoke inside and outside entrances to office buildings...
- Environment modifies the association between depression symptoms and smoking among adolescentsMichael O Chaiton
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Addict Behav 21:420-4. 2007..Contextual effects may be important to understanding the link between smoking and depression in adolescents...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of chemotherapy for advanced gastric cancer in ChinaXin Zu Chen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, and Multidisciplinary Treatment Team of Gastrointestinal Tumors, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2715-22. 2008..To assess the economics of various chemotherapeutic regimens for advanced gastric cancer (AGC), and to select the best cost-effective regimen for the common Chinese patients...
- Possible predictors of target lesion revascularization after drug-eluting stent implantationDaizaburo Yanagi
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka
J Cardiol 49:63-7. 2007..A small number of patients still need target lesion revascularization (TLR) after drug-eluting stent (DES) implantation. It is important for the management of coronary artery disease to assess the predictors of TLR after DES implantation...
- [Effects of dusts on workers' health in enzyme production plants]Ju-yi Zhu
Department of Occupational Health, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:547-9. 2006..CONCLUSION: Adverse effects may arise for the health of the workers if the concentration of enzyme-containing dusts and the wheat-containing dusts is up to a certain limit and it is necessary to make the limit of these indexes...
- Bullying and smoking: Examining the relationships in Ontario adolescentsErin B Morris
J Sch Health 76:465-70. 2006..Findings of the study suggested that girls were at much higher risk for involvement in bullying if they smoked, although girls were less frequently involved in bullying...
- Multivariate analysis of the prognostic determinants of the depressor response to exercise therapy in patients with essential hypertensionBo Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 67:579-84. 2003....