Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Physicians as managers: psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in knowledge and skills in administrative psychiatrySanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 31:304-7. 2007..The authors determine psychiatry residents' perceived needs and educational preferences for a physician-manager curriculum...
- Clozapine-induced hypersalivation: a review of treatment strategiesSanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 52:377-84. 2007..The purpose of this review is to provide an understanding of CIH, specifically, its pathophysiology, measurement, and the evidence for CIH treatment alternatives...
- Teaching the physician-manager role to psychiatric residents: development and implementation of a pilot curriculumVicky Stergiopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:125-30. 2009..The authors describe a pilot physician-manager curriculum designed to address the learning needs of psychiatric residents in administrative psychiatry and health systems...
- Teaching and learning the physician manager role: psychiatry residents' perspectivesVicky Stergiopoulos
University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 32:e308-14. 2010....
- Determining rates of hepatitis C in a clozapine treated cohortSanjeev Sockalingam
Psychiatry, Health and Disease Division, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 124:86-90. 2010..To determine the prevalence rates of hepatitis C in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder being treated with clozapine...
- Residents' perceived physician-manager educational needs: a national survey of psychiatry residentsSanjeev Sockalingam
Medical and Surgical Psychiatry Program, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:745-52. 2008..To determine Canadian psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in physician-manager competencies during their residency training...
- Implementing a new physician manager curriculum into a psychiatry residency training program: the change process, barriers and facilitatorsJulie D Maggi
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Psychiatr Q 79:21-31. 2008..Additionally, the article focuses on the role of the psychiatrist in the process...
- Treatment of clozapine-induced hypersalivation with ipratropium bromide: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover studySanjeev Sockalingam
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital 8EN 225, 200 Elizabeth St, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1114-9. 2009..Previous open-label studies suggest that sublingual ipratropium bromide may be effective in treating CIH...
- Managing depression during hepatitis C treatmentSanjeev Sockalingam
Program in Medical Psychiatry, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 54:614-25. 2009..We summarize the risk factors for interferon-alpha-induced major depressive disorder (IFN-alpha-MDD) in HCV patients and the evidence for antidepressant prophylaxis and symptomatic antidepressant treatment of depression...
- Preparing international medical graduates for psychiatry residency: a multi-site needs assessmentSanjeev Sockalingam
Dept of Psychiatry, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 36:277-81. 2012..Therefore, the authors conducted a needs-assessment survey to determine the needs of IMGs transitioning into psychiatry residency...
- Evaluation of professional role competency during psychiatry residencyNikola N Grujich
Dept of Psychiatry, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 36:126-8. 2012..The authors sought to determine psychiatry residents' perceptions on the current method of evaluating professional role competency and the use of multi-source feedback (MSF) as an assessment tool...
- A comparison of depression screening instruments in hepatitis C and the impact of depression on somatic symptomsSanjeev Sockalingam
University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G2C4, Canada
Psychosomatics 52:433-40. 2011....
- Psychosomatic medicine and psychiatry residents: a pan-Canadian surveyTuong Vi Nguyen
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, 1033 Pine Avenue West, Montreal, QC, Canada
Psychosomatics 52:354-61. 2011..Due to the unclear status of PM in Canada, a national survey was designed to assess the perception of and training experiences in PM among psychiatry residents...
- A pilot study in suicide intervention training using a group intervention for patients with recurrent suicide attemptsSanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Psychiatry, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C4, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 34:132-5. 2010..This article describes psychiatric trainees' reflections regarding their participation in a psychosocial/psychoeducational group intervention for individuals with recurrent suicide attempts...
- Identifying opportunities to improve management of autoimmune hepatitis: Evaluation of drug adherence and psychosocial factorsSanjeev Sockalingam
University Health Network, Program in Medical Psychiatry, Canada Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Canada Electronic address
J Hepatol 57:1299-304. 2012..We sought to determine the association between anxiety, depressive symptoms, and avoidant relationship style on self-reported immunosuppressant medication adherence and treatment response in patients with AIH...
- A review of sleep disturbance in hepatitis CSanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Clin Gastroenterol 44:38-45. 2010..Further research is needed to elucidate the efficacy of pharmacological and nonpharmacological treatments of sleep disorders in CHC patients...
- Use of animal-assisted therapy in the rehabilitation of an assault victim with a concurrent mood disorderSanjeev Sockalingam
Medical Psychiatry Service, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Issues Ment Health Nurs 29:73-84. 2008..A review of the relevant literature highlights the therapeutic potential of animal-assisted therapy to restore and maintain patient independence and level of functioning, both of which are key treatment goals...
- Managing the neuropsychiatric complications of hepatitis C treatmentSanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 68:520-5. 2007..This article reviews the management of neuropsychiatric adverse effects and the risks of interferon-alpha treatment to psychiatric patients...
- Family types in the neurotrauma intensive care unitIsaac I Bogoch
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Crit Care 14:283-4. 2005
- Persistent psychosis after treatment with interferon alpha: a case reportDavid Telio
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:446-7. 2006