Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- A pilot study of adjunctive family psychoeducation in adolescent major depression: feasibility and treatment effectMark Sanford
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 45:386-495. 2006..To obtain preliminary evidence of the feasibility and effectiveness of adjunctive family psychoeducation in adolescent major depressive disorder...
- The feelings club: randomized controlled evaluation of school-based CBT for anxious or depressive symptomsKatharina Manassis
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada
Depress Anxiety 27:945-52. 2010..We evaluated a preventive CBT program targeting internalizing symptoms relative to an activity contrast condition post-intervention and at 1-year follow-up...
- A pilot study of a parent-education group for families affected by depressionMark Sanford
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 48:78-86. 2003..This study assessed the feasibility and efficacy of a parent-education group for families with young children and a parent with depression. We designed the program to be readily disseminated if shown to be effective...
- A multilevel analysis of whole family functioning using the McMaster Family Assessment DeviceKatholiki Georgiades
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences and Offord Centre for Child Studies, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Fam Psychol 22:344-54. 2008..The findings attest to the validity of measuring whole family functioning directly from self-report ratings provided from multiple family members. However, caution is warranted when assessments are available only from single respondents...
- Parental expressed emotion in depressed adolescents: prediction of clinical course and relationship to comorbid disorders and social functioningLynn McCleary
Children s Hospital of Eastern Ontario Research Institute, Canada
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:587-95. 2002..EE has not been investigated in adolescent depression...