Arun V Ravindran
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Luteal phase administration of paroxetine for the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial in Canadian womenMeir Steiner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, McMaster University and Women s Health Concerns Clinic, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:991-8. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy and safety of intermittent, luteal phase-only administration of paroxetine (10 mg and 20 mg) in the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)...
- Lamotrigine in the treatment of recurrent brief depressionLakshmi N Ravindran
University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 22:121-3. 2007..We report on two patients with recurrent brief depression, nonresponsive to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and venlafaxine, and who responded to therapeutic doses of lamotrigine...
- Symptom-onset dosing with citalopram in the treatment of premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD): a case seriesL N Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Arch Womens Ment Health 10:125-7. 2007..Primary efficacy variables were the premenstrual tension scale (PMTS-O) and the clinical global impression of improvement (CGI). Treatment was associated with significant improvement in PMDD symptoms (p < 0.001)...
- Novel uses for risperidone: focus on depressive, anxiety and behavioral disordersArun V Ravindran
University of Toronto, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON, Canada
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:1693-710. 2007..The published evidence is summarized, with recommendations and suggestions for its use...
- Intravenous anti-obsessive agents: a reviewL N Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry, VA San Diego Health Care System, San Diego, California, USA
J Psychopharmacol 24:287-96. 2010..Preliminary evidence suggests subgroups of patients with severe treatment-refractory OCD may benefit from i.v. anti-obsessive agents, CMI and citalopram. Larger, controlled trials are needed for more definitive conclusions...
- Obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders: a review of the evidence-based treatmentsArun V Ravindran
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Psychiatry 54:331-43. 2009....
- Toward a functional neuroanatomy of dysthymia: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyArun V Ravindran
University of Toronto, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 1R8
J Affect Disord 119:9-15. 2009..Recent studies have confirmed the neurobiological and treatment response overlap of dysthymia with major depression. There are no previous published studies of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) in dysthymia...
- Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) Clinical guidelines for the management of major depressive disorder in adults. V. Complementary and alternative medicine treatmentsArun V Ravindran
University of Toronto, Canada
J Affect Disord 117:S54-64. 2009..There is widespread interest in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) therapies in the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Osmotic-release oral system methylphenidate augmentation of antidepressant monotherapy in major depressive disorder: results of a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trialArun V Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 69:87-94. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of adjunctive osmotic-release oral system (OROS) methylphenidate in outpatients with major depressive disorder (MDD) receiving a stable oral antidepressant regimen...
- Risperidone does not affect steady-state pharmacokinetics of divalproex sodium in patients with bipolar disorderArun Ravindran
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Pharmacokinet 43:733-40. 2004..The aims of this study were to determine the effect of repeated doses of oral risperidone on the pharmacokinetics of valproate in subjects stabilised on divalproex sodium and to document the safety of this combination...
- Quetiapine: novel uses in the treatment of depressive and anxiety disordersArun V Ravindran
University of Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 19:1187-204. 2010..However, it is often used (off-label) to treat other depressive disorders and anxiety disorders in children and adults...
- Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) clinical guidelines for the management of major depressive disorder in adults. II. Psychotherapy alone or in combination with antidepressant medicationSagar V Parikh
University of Toronto, Canada
J Affect Disord 117:S15-25. 2009..This article, one of five in the series, reviews new studies of psychotherapy in the acute and maintenance phase of MDD, including computer-based and telephone-delivered psychotherapy...
- Paroxetine in the treatment of dysthymic disorder without co-morbidities: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, flexible-dose studyArun V Ravindran
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 100 Stokes St, Toronto, ON M6J 1H4, Canada
Asian J Psychiatr 6:157-61. 2013..04). Reporting of multiple side effects was also higher with paroxetine than with placebo (p=0.02). Paroxetine is more effective than placebo in improving symptoms and quality of life in dysthymia, and is generally tolerable...
- Canadian Network for Mood and Anxiety Treatments (CANMAT) Clinical guidelines for the management of major depressive disorder in adults. IV. Neurostimulation therapiesSidney H Kennedy
University of Toronto, Canada
J Affect Disord 117:S44-53. 2009..There is renewed interest in refined approaches to brain stimulation, particularly for treatment resistant major depressive disorder (MDD)...
- Evidence-based review of clinical outcomes of guideline-recommended pharmacotherapies for generalized anxiety disorderBasil G Bereza
Student, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 57:470-8. 2012..However, such analysis provides an additional resource for clinicians to make more effective treatment decisions for individual patients with GAD...
- Yoga in the treatment of mood and anxiety disorders: A reviewTricia L da Silva
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College St, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5T 1R8
Asian J Psychiatr 2:6-16. 2009..Despite research interest, there are few recent reviews of the evidence of the benefit of yoga in these conditions...
- Complementary and alternative therapies as add-on to pharmacotherapy for mood and anxiety disorders: A systematic reviewArun V Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8 Division of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 100 Stokes Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6J 1H4 Electronic address
J Affect Disord 150:707-19. 2013..The benefits and risks of such combination strategies have not been fully evaluated. This paper evaluates the risk-benefit profile of CAM augmentation to antidepressants in affective conditions...
- Obesity comorbidity in unipolar major depressive disorder: refining the core phenotypeRobert D Levitan
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 73:1119-24. 2012....
- Stress, coping, uplifts, and quality of life in subtypes of depression: a conceptual frame and emerging dataArun V Ravindran
Department of Psychiatry, Royal Ottawa Hospital, Department of Psychology, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 71:121-30. 2002....
- Mirtazapine orally disintegrating tablet versus sertraline: a prospective onset of action studyKirsten Behnke
Falkoner Allé, Frederiksberg, The Netherlands
J Clin Psychopharmacol 23:358-64. 2003..The orally disintegrating tablet formulation of mirtazapine used in this study is known to enhance the convenience and compliance by the patient...
- Effect of valproate on plasma levels of interleukin-6 in healthy male humansI Shin Shiah
Department of Psychiatry, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 20:295-8. 2005....
- Effects of short-term administration of valproate on serotonin-1A and dopamine receptor function in healthy human subjectsNicholas J Delva
Departments of Psychiatry and Physiology, Queen s University, Providence Continuing Care Centre, Mental Health Services, Kingston, ON
J Psychiatry Neurosci 27:429-37. 2002..To examine the effects of short-term valproate treatment on human brain serotonin and dopamine function by means of challenge tests with ipsapirone, a partial agonist at 5-HT1A receptors, and apomorphine, a dopamine receptor agonist...
- Does fluoxetine influence major depression by modifying five-factor personality traits?Lisheng Du
Institute of Mental Health Research at Royal Ottawa Hospital and University of Ottawa, 1145 Carling Ave, Ottawa, Ontario K1Z 7K4, Canada
J Affect Disord 71:235-41. 2002....
- Sertraline and fluoxetine treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder: results of a double-blind, 6-month treatment studyRichard Bergeron
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:148-54. 2002..significant efficacy in the treatment of outpatients with moderate to severe OCD with the subjects treated with sertraline showing a greater likelihood of remission as well as an earlier improvement on some but not all efficacy measures..