Rachel A Rabin
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Effects of cannabis use status on cognitive function, in males with schizophreniaRachel A Rabin
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatry Res 206:158-65. 2013..Prospective studies are needed to confirm these findings...
- The effects of cannabis use on neurocognition in schizophrenia: a meta-analysisRachel A Rabin
The Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 128:111-6. 2011..Explanations for these findings are discussed and suggestions for future research in this area are recommended...
- Effects of cigarette smoking status on delay discounting in schizophrenia and healthy controlsVictoria C Wing
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Addict Behav 37:67-72. 2012..This study examined the relationship between cigarette smoking and delay discounting in schizophrenia and control participants...
- Correlation of prepulse inhibition and Wisconsin Card Sorting Test in schizophrenia and controls: effects of smoking statusRachel A Rabin
Schizophrenia Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Schizophr Res 114:91-7. 2009..However, little is known about how smoking status modulates the relationships between neurocognitive measures in schizophrenia and healthy control subjects...
- Neurocognitive endophenotypes in schizophrenia: modulation by nicotinic receptor systemsKristen M Mackowick
The Institute of Medical Sciences IMS, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada Schizophrenia Division, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health CAMH, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 52:79-85. 2014..These positive effects on neurocognition appear to be more pronounced in smokers with schizophrenia, and may be an important mechanism that explains the co-morbidity of schizophrenia and tobacco dependence. ..