Mark A Lau
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Teasdale's differential activation hypothesis: implications for mechanisms of depressive relapse and suicidal behaviourMark A Lau
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8
Behav Res Ther 42:1001-17. 2004..Furthermore, we extend the application of this model to the problem of suicidal relapse/recurrence including a review of preliminary support for this approach...
- Design and feasibility of a new cognitive-behavioural therapy course using a longitudinal interactive formatMark A Lau
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 49:696-700. 2004....
- Integrating mindfulness meditation with cognitive and behavioural therapies: the challenge of combining acceptance- and change-based strategiesMark A Lau
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 50:863-9. 2005..Both therapies have integrated acceptance-based mindfulness approaches with change-based cognitive and behavioural therapies to create efficacious treatments...
- The Toronto Mindfulness Scale: development and validationMark A Lau
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and the University of Toronto
J Clin Psychol 62:1445-67. 2006..Thus, the TMS is a promising measure of the mindfulness state with good psychometric properties and predictive of treatment outcome...
- Neurophysiological evidence of cognitive inhibition anomalies in persons with major depressive disorderHeather E McNeely
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Neurophysiol 119:1578-89. 2008..The neural correlates of inhibitory deficits for emotional semantic material in persons with major depressive disorder (MDD) were investigated...
- Differences in brain glucose metabolism between responders to CBT and venlafaxine in a 16-week randomized controlled trialSidney H Kennedy
University Health Network, Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Department of Psychiatry, and Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth St, Eaton North Wing 8 222, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 164:778-88. 2007..In this study, the authors report changes in fluorine-18-fluorodeoxyglucose PET in responders to CBT or venlafaxine during a randomized controlled trial...
- New developments in psychosocial interventions for adults with unipolar depressionMark A Lau
BC Mental Health and Addiction Services, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, British Columbia, Canada
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:30-6. 2008..This article summarizes recent psychotherapy efficacy studies across the depression treatment continuum and the effectiveness of psychosocial interventions in community settings...
- Inhibitory deficits for negative information in persons with major depressive disorderMark A Lau
Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychol Med 37:1249-59. 2007..The authors posit the theory that inhibitory dysfunction may influence the degree to which activated self-schemas result in the production of depressive cognition...