Sean A Kidd
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- The levels and patterns of resilience among male street children in Dhaka CityAmir M Sayem
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Schizophrenia Program, 001 Queen St W, Unit 2 1, 161, Toronto, Ontario M6J 1H1, Canada
Int J Adolesc Med Health 25:39-45. 2013....
- From social experience to illness experience: reviewing the psychological mechanisms linking psychosis with social contextSean A Kidd
Independent Clinician Scientist and Head, Psychology Service, Schizophrenia Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 58:52-8. 2013..Despite these issues, this line of inquiry is very promising as part of the larger movement toward an integrative model of psychosis that is able to account for the complex interactions of social, biological, and psychological risks...
- Moving the mental health equity dialogue forward: the promise of a social entrepreneur frameworkSean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Adm Policy Ment Health 40:55-7. 2013..The example of the Canadian Centre for Victims of Torture is provided to illustrate the points made...
- Invited commentary: seeking a coherent strategy in our response to homeless and street-involved youth: a historical review and suggested future directionsSean Kidd
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Youth Adolesc 41:533-43. 2012....
- Fidelity and recovery-orientation in assertive community treatmentSean A Kidd
McMaster Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, St Joseph s Healthcare, Centre for Mountain Health Services, J Wing, 100 West 5th St, Hamilton, ON, L8N 3K7, Canada
Community Ment Health J 46:342-50. 2010..These findings extend the existing dialogue regarding the evaluation of ACT intervention process factors and indicate that current measures of fidelity may not be adequately addressing dimensions of recovery-oriented service provision...
- Recovery-oriented service provision and clinical outcomes in assertive community treatmentSean A Kidd
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 34:194-201. 2011..The present study was designed to examine the relationship between recovery-orientation of service provision for persons with severe mental illnesses and outcomes in Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)...
- The Tobacco Addiction Recovery Program: initial outcome findingsMary Griffiths
St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 24:239-46. 2010..These preliminary findings indicate that the Tobacco Addiction Recovery Program intervention is an effective, recovery-oriented intervention for tobacco addiction...
- Youth homelessness: a call for partnerships between research and policySean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
Can J Public Health 97:445-7. 2006..This article discusses the compelling need for researchers and policy-makers to make efforts to work collaboratively to develop improved social policy informed by research findings...
- Relationships between humor, subversion, and genuine connection among persons with severe mental illnessSean A Kidd
McMaster University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciecnes, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 19:1421-30. 2009..Humor was also emphasized as a means of subverting power differentials revolving around the identity of SMI with, for many, the primary goal being the development of "real" and genuine connections with service providers...
- So I wouldn't feel like I was excluded: the learning experience in computer education for persons with psychiatric disabilitiesMonica Koblik
McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Psychiatr Rehabil J 32:306-8. 2009..Despite this trend, little research has examined the effectiveness of such training programs and the experiences of those who participate. The present study was designed to further knowledge in this area...
- Cognitive remediation for individuals with psychosis in a supported education setting: a pilot studySean A Kidd
Schizophrenia Program, Psychology Service Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, 250 College Street, Suite 738, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 1R8
Rehabil Res Pract 2012:715176. 2012..The findings indicated that CR aligned well with the academic curriculum with very low attrition, was found useful by students, and showed similar pre-post differences on cognitive measures as those found in previous work...
- Effect of a vocationally-focused brief cognitive behavioural intervention on employment-related outcomes for individuals with mood and anxiety disordersSean A Kidd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
Cogn Behav Ther 37:247-51. 2008..Unemployed participants reported improved expectancy for employment success...
- Resilience and suicidality among homeless youthKristin Cleverley
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, Offord Centre for Child Studies, McMaster University, Patterson Building, Room 206, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8S3Z5
J Adolesc 34:1049-54. 2011..Finally, those youths' perceived resilience was associated with less suicidal ideation whereas higher psychological distress was associated with higher suicidal ideation, even when accounting for resiliency...