Stephanie E Cassin
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Adapted motivational interviewing for women with binge eating disorder: a randomized controlled trialStephanie E Cassin
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Psychol Addict Behav 22:417-25. 2008..text rev.; American Psychiatric Association, 2000) for BED (87.0% vs. 57.4%). AMI may constitute a brief, effective intervention for BED and associated symptoms...
- Obsessive beliefs in first-degree relatives of patients with OCD: a test of the cognitive vulnerability modelNeil A Rector
Anxiety Disorders Clinic, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 23:145-9. 2009..The results are discussed in relation to the developmental context of cognitive-based vulnerabilities for OCD...
- Interpretation of positive social events in social phobia: an examination of cognitive correlates and diagnostic distinctionJudith M Laposa
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 24:203-10. 2010..These findings suggest that negative interpretation of positive events is a distinct and characteristic feature of social phobia with significant associations with other cognitive risk factors for the disorder...
- Development and multi-site validation of a new condition-specific quality of life measure for eating disordersCarol E Adair
Department of Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:23. 2007..This article describes the development and validation of a condition-specific QoL measure for adolescents and adults with eating disorders--the Eating Disorders Quality of Life Scale (EDQLS)...
- Cognitive processing of body and appearance words as a function of thin-ideal internalization and schematic activationStephanie E Cassin
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Body Image 5:271-8. 2008....
- Personality and eating disorders: a decade in reviewStephanie E Cassin
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr. N.W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Clin Psychol Rev 25:895-916. 2005..The meta-analysis, which found PD rates of 0 to 58% among individuals with AN and BN, documented that self-report instruments greatly overestimate the prevalence of every PD...
- Is binge eating experienced as an addiction?Stephanie E Cassin
Department of Psychology, University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Appetite 49:687-90. 2007..Despite certain observed similarities between binge eating and addictions, we argue that BED should remain classified as an eating disorder...