Bruce C Ballon
Affiliation: Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Context is Key: an interactive experiential and content frame gameBruce Ballon
Department of Psychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 26:525-8. 2004..not as valuable as placing them within the context of symptom clusters, how it takes time to make an accurate diagnosis for complex presentations of symptoms, how to sort symptoms that have similar presentations and why 'Context is Key!'..
- Horror films: tales to master terror or shapers of trauma?Bruce Ballon
University of Toronto, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S1, Canada
Am J Psychother 61:211-30. 2007..The outcome of this exposure is related to how the individual's personality structure is organized in combination with the stresses they are experiencing...
- Headspace theater: an innovative method for experiential learning of psychiatric symptomatology using modified role-playing and improvisational theater techniquesBruce C Ballon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, CAMH, 33 Russell Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S1, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 31:380-7. 2007..Headspace Theater has been developed to allow small group learning of psychiatric conditions by creating role-play situations in which participants are placed in a scenario that simulates the experience of the condition...
- "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference": reflection techniques for addiction psychiatry trainingBruce C Ballon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2S1, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 32:218-24. 2008....
- Lost and found horizons: the quest to create healthy learning climatesBruce Ballon
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 41:120-2. 2007