- The construct validity of the client questionnaire of the Wisconsin Quality of Life Index--a cross-validation studyJean Caron
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Int J Methods Psychiatr Res 12:128-38. 2003..The occupational activities scale should be developed by additional items for representing this scale, which is too brief, and two other items should be revised in order to improve the quality of the instrument...
- Socio-demographic and clinical predictors of quality of life in patients with schizophrenia or schizo-affective disorderJean Caron
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, QC, Canada
Psychiatry Res 137:203-13. 2005..Using socio-demographic and clinical variables in addition to psychosocial variables appears to be promising for understanding QOL in psychotic patients. Methodological considerations for future research are discussed...
- Predictors of quality of life in schizophreniaJean Caron
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Verdun, QC, Canada, H4H 1R3
Community Ment Health J 41:399-417. 2005..Severity of daily hassles, the coping strategy of changing the situation, level of education and life-time hospitalization length were also related to QOL...
- Determinants associated with the utilization of primary and specialized mental health servicesMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, QC H4H 1R3, Canada
Psychiatr Q 83:41-51. 2012..Shared care and enhanced collaboration with other public and community-based resources should be encouraged...
- Prevalence of psychological distress and mental disorders, and use of mental health services in the epidemiological catchment area of Montreal South-WestJean Caron
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Mental Health University Institute Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 12:183. 2012..5) to verify the adequacy of mental health services...
- Comprehensive determinants of health service utilisation for mental health reasons in a Canadian catchment areaMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
Int J Equity Health 11:20. 2012..This study sought to identify factors associated with health service utilisation by individuals with mental disorders in a Canadian catchment area...
- Determinants of the utilization of diversified types of professionals for mental health reasons in a Montreal (Canadian) catchment areaMarie Josee Fleury
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Glob J Health Sci 4:13-29. 2012..Greater effort could also be made in increasing services toward those deemed more vulnerable...
- Mental health service utilization among patients with severe mental disordersMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Community Ment Health J 47:365-77. 2011..ER-Group used twice as many services. The study highlights the importance of developing a gamut of coordinated services, easily accessible in local networks, including case managers, family physicians, and shared-care development...
- Predictors of alcohol and drug dependenceMarie Josee Fleury
Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec Researcher, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec Scientific Director, Montreal Addiction Rehabilitation Centre University Institute, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 59:203-12. 2014..Variables that differentiate people dependent on substances according to sex and age were also assessed...
- Factors associated with psychological distress in the Canadian population: a comparison of low-income and non low-income sub-groupsJean Caron
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Mental Health University Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Community Ment Health J 47:318-30. 2011..The results provided evidence that although economically disadvantaged and more affluent populations share many variables associated with psychological distress, they have a different profile on the correlates of psychological distress...
- Changes in suicide methods in Quebec between 1987 and 2000: the possible impact of bill C-17 requiring safe storage of firearmsJean Caron
Division psychosociale, Centre de recherche de l Hôpital Douglas, Verdun QC Canada
Suicide Life Threat Behav 38:195-208. 2008..Correlation analyses between firearm suicide, hanging suicide, and the overall suicide rate suggest that firearm suicide is replaced by hanging suicide among males...
- Determinants and patterns of service utilization and recourse to professionals for mental health reasonsMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 14:161. 2014....
- Professional service utilisation among patients with severe mental disordersMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Researcher, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Blvd, Montreal, Quebec H4H 1R3, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 10:141. 2010..This article identifies and compares variables associated with the use by patients with SMD of services offered by psychiatrists, case managers, and general practitioners (GPs). It also compares frequent and infrequent service use...
- Predictors of psychological distress in low-income populations of MontrealJean Caron
Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Canada
Can J Public Health 98:S35-44. 2007..However, not all people in economic difficulty show symptoms, and it appears that having a social support network plays a role in protecting against the chronic stress resulting from conditions such as poverty...
- Patients' report of help provided by relatives and services to meet their needsMarie Josee Fleury
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Community Ment Health J 44:271-81. 2008..Six sociodemographic variables influence help from relatives, only one affects help from services. The role of relatives is identified as important in meeting patients' needs, either solely or jointly with services...
- Further validation of the Client Assessment of Strengths Interests and GoalsTania Lecomte
University of British Columbia, VGH Research Pavilion, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Schizophr Res 66:59-70. 2004..The factor analysis also supports the construct validity of the assessment. The results confirm the psychometric adequacy of the adapted and translated CASIG in Canada...
- The contribution of a modified transactional model to the adaptation of schizophrenics living in the city of MontrealYves Lecomte
Schizophr Res 72:279-81. 2005
- [The role of social support, family burden and satisfaction with services in psychological distress and quality of life of families of individuals with schizophrenia]Jean Caron
Centre de recherche de l Hôpital Douglas, Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite McGill
Sante Ment Que 30:165-91. 2005..The components of social support are the strongest predictors associated with mental health of families of individuals suffering from schizophrenia...
- [An exploratory study of adaptation of people with schizophrenia]Yves Lecomte
Faculté de médecine de l Univesité de Montréal
Sante Ment Que 32:137-58. 2007..At time 2, variables of self-esteem and "changing the situation" are also significant...
- [Can social support take back its just place in the problem of mental health?]Jean Caron
Sante Ment Que 30:7-13. 2005
- Consumers' goals in psychiatric rehabilitation and their concordance with existing servicesTania Lecomte
University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 56:209-11. 2005..Among these goals, the level of concordance was highest for services addressing symptoms and lowest for religious or spiritual goals...
- [Social support and mental health: concept, measures, recent studies as well as implications for clinicians]Jean Caron
Centre de recherche de l Hôpital Douglas, Departement de Psychiatrie, Universite McGill
Sante Ment Que 30:15-41. 2005..In conclusion, the authors present interventions that favor the development of social support and propose recommendations for clinicians...
- [When hardship strikes welfare recipients. On who can they rely?]Michel Tousignant
Departement de Psychologie, Centre de recherche et d intervention sur le suicide et l euthanasie, Universite du Quebec a Montreal
Sante Ment Que 30:85-100. 2005..Besides, experienced events are more likely to attack their reputation, represent a threat, a betrayal or prevent access to a right. These individuals are also more likely to be isolated...